Chapter 5

He was back in the cafeteria again, adapting to his new 'routine' fairly quickly.

It wasn't much of a routine, really. All he did was sit around until Eret collected him. Going to the cafeteria was a daily occurrence, and seemed to always happen at the same time, which was helpful in keeping track of time.

He sat next to Tubbo once more, as he had been every day, and his spirits were lifted, just a little.

Tubbo always had something interesting to say, after all.

"Did you know that chimpanzees like getting drunk?"

Case in point.

"So do I, Tubbo. Chimpanzees ain't shit."

Genius response. Another comedy point for TommyInnit.

"Wait, really?"

Tommy mentally rescinded the comedy point, as he scrambled to correct himself.

"Well- no- I- I don't get drunk! I did it, what- once? It sucked, Tubbo. It sucked so much," Tommy mimed puking, and Tubbo giggled wildly, "Would not reccomend."

"I'll keep that in mind."

Tommy laughed out loud, before staring down at the tray of food before him. It was, by all definitions, slop. It had a strange, mashed potato-esque consistency, and was a dull, lifeless grey.

He scooped some of it up with the generously provided plastic spoon, and tentatively tasted it.

Well.

It tasted like shit.

Despite tasting like pure, unfiltered fecal matter, Tommy elected to eat it anyway. If this stupid facility (he'd already forgotten its name) wanted to keep them in the 'best condition', it had to be nutritious.

Tommy loved nutrients. Couldn't get enough of them, really. He couldn't return to Big Man status without them, and if he wasn't a Big Man, he wouldn't be able to make his Big Man Escape. Which he had not planned for yet.

He'd have plenty of time to plan when he was back in his room. For now, he was with Tubbo, and that meant 'serotonin' (Tubbo had used the word once. He'd explained it and everything, he just didn't care to remember the meaning.)

Tommy was about to engage in mindless chatter, before a thought struck him.

He had the perfect story to tell.

"Tubbo!"

"Yeah?" The answer didn't sound much like a 'yeah?', on account of Tubbo having his mouth full of 'food', but Tommy decided to assume that was what he said. Assuming was one of Tommy's many, many talents.

"Swallow your shit, I've got a sick story to tell you!"

Tubbo almost choked on his shit-food, struggling to swallow.

"Alright, yesterday I had to take a piss, right? So I ask to go to the bathroom, and that's where me n' Eret go-"

"Tommy, this sounds sickening. Who's Eret?"

Tommy groaned, "We're getting there, hold your horses! Every good story has build up. Eret's my guard, but don't let them know I told you their name. Apparently that's 'top secret'."

"That's bullshit. My guard's called Paula."

"We're getting off track! I still have the most awesome story to tell!" Tommy slammed his spoon onto the table for emphasis. He ignored the curious glances, continuing the story.

"So, I've just taken a piss. Me and Eret are going back to my 'room', when this guy, a guard, Henry, gets into some trouble with a hybrid. The one he watches, I assume- anyways, Henry's all panicked and shit, asking Eret for help, pathetic, right?"