Chapter 7

Tommy was disgruntled, to say the least. With the little amount of sleep he got, and the worry for Tubbo gnawing away at him, he wasn't at ease.

He scanned the cafeteria, hoping that testing hadn't taken too long, and Tubbo would be perfectly fine and ready to mess about like they usually did. No matter how hard he looked, he didn't see Tubbo.

Tommy straightened his back, ears standing tall. If Tubbo wasn't here, then he'd have to do something else with his time. And to him, 'something else' meant scoping out the competition.

The other hybrids in the room weren't so much 'competition' as they were threats. Any one of these people could do a number of things to him, or even Tubbo, and he hadn't been here long enough to know if the guards would let them get away with it.

With a firm resolve, Tommy took a seat at his usual spot, tray in hand. He ignored his food, instead taking a not-so-subtle look around the room.

There was a trio of men chattering at a table nearby. The tallest, and most noticeable of the three, wore a porcelain mask, of which was the size and shape of a dinner plate.

The man was facing away from Tommy, so he decided to study the other two hybrids. Before he could, he flinched at the hand that rested on his shoulder.

He whipped around, growling, only to be met with a dumb face, and huge antlers.

What's-his-face. Hate that guy.

Tommy made to tell him to piss off, but was interrupted by his annoying, grating, shrill-

"Hello! Tommy, right?" He nodded, eyes narrowed, "You probably remember me-"

"I don't."

"You do. Anyways, I noticed that Tubbo's not here, lovely boy, that Tubbo, but I digress. Tubbo's not here, and you seem a bit lonely-"

"I am not lonely. Now, if you would-"

"Can you not interrupt me for five seconds? As I was saying, I wanted to know if you'd like to sit with me and my friends today?" The guy ended his offer with a smile that seemed forced. He probably wasn't used to someone else being the annoying one.

"Nope, no thanks. Would you kindly piss off now? I'm busy," Tommy said, tapping his fingers on the table, suppressing the urge to flip him off. He needed to find out who the big dogs were around here.

Haha.

Dogs.

Tubbo would've laughed.

"Busy doing what? You're just looking around."

God, he was still here? Some people just couldn't take a hint.

"Important things. Need to find out who's really top dog around here."

There was silence for a moment, before the deer began to wheeze with laughter.

"'Top dog'? This isn't a prison yard, Jesus Christ, 'top dog'-"

Tommy's ears - his human ears - turned red with embarrassment.

"Shut up. I haven't been here long. You're being extremely rude to me," he tried to look intimidating, but that only made the other man laugh harder.

"Alright, alright, just sit with us? I swear that you'll learn more from us than you will from staring at people."

Tommy considered it. He'd get to ask all the questions he hadn't been able to ask Tubbo, and he'd be able to establish his dominance. Win win, really.

"Fine. I'll sit with you and your shit friends," That was both the right and wrong thing to say, because it sent the man back into a fit of giggles.

One he'd calmed down, he turned and walked over to another table, gesturing for Tommy to follow. At least he hadn't bowed this time.

The Deer (Tommy didn't think he deserved the title, not like The Tiger, but he needed to call him something, and it was better to be consistent with nicknames), took a seat across from two men. Tommy presumed that these were his shit friends.

Tommy slid into the seat next to The Deer, making eye contact with the blond one. He smiled, and Tommy shivered.

Weirdos.

Once he was properly seated, he took a closer look at the two men.

The one who had smiled at him was the shortest. Which was funny, since he looked to be the oldest. Being taller than old men made Tommy feel very superior.

Being honest, the man was fairly average. His blond hair reached his shoulders, and a white and green striped bucket hat rested on his head. His most striking feature, however, was the pair of jet black wings protruding from the man's back. They were huge, and Tommy could only imagine what they looked like when they were properly stretched out.

The other one was less normal. He looked thoroughly disinterested in the new addition to the table, which was mildly insulting.

His hair was longer than The Bird's, much longer. The strangest thing about it, however, was the fact that it was bright pink. A crown rested upon it, and Tommy barely held back a scoff. Two fuzzy black ears peeked out from his hair, and Tommy didn't miss the pair of tusks he possessed.

Tommy would've continued his observations if it weren't for The Deer's voice. It appeared that he had been tuned out for a bit too long, since he had probably missed part of the conversation.

"-is Tommy! I invited him to sit with us, since his friend isn't here," Tommy snapped to attention. Maybe this was the part where he introduced himself.

"Hi- hello. I'm Tommy." He cringed internally. Of course they knew who he was! He was introduced not moments ago. Fool. Idiot.

The Bird only grinned again, starting up some idle chatter with The Deer. Meanwhile, The Other One was staring at him. Observing him. It was unnerving to say the least. Was this how the people felt when he stared at them? He was certainly intimidated.

He couldn't get a read on his animal side either. His first instinct was bear, but that wouldn't explain away the tusks.

Tubbo would know.

He was still staring, and Tommy couldn't shake the feelings of unease that bubbled beneath his skin. He couldn't even call it a stare anymore, it was more of a glare. Maybe he could read minds. Hybrids existed, superpowers weren't that much of a stretch.

Maybe he would attack. Jump over the table and maim him right in front of everyone. A bit morbid, sure, but still a possibility.

Tommy knew it was going to be a long 'lunch', sitting with this unnerving, scary... Pink One.

A/N: I noticed I hadn't updated in over a week, so I got cracking! By the way, let me know if you would prefer longer chapters, but longer times between updates, or shorter chapters with shorter wait times!