Chapter 8

Tommy could only keep eye contact with The Pink One for so long before sheer terror overtook his body.

Well, 'sheer terror' was a bit of an overstatement, but the guy was scary! His bubblegum colour palette did nothing to soothe Tommy's fears. So, Tommy did the thing he always did when confronted with fear, sadness, and other emotions that he couldn't be bothered to name.

Ignore them.

He broke eye contact, forcing him to pay attention to the one conversation happening at the table.

"You can't just hate every anteater you come across! That's got to be some sort of prejudice, Wil."

"It's not prejudice if it's justified."

"It is! And it's not even justified! What, an anteater looked at you funny?"

"They eat ants, Phil. Ants."

So The Bird was called Phil. Interesting. Interesting indeed.

"Wilbur. Do you eat grass? Leaves?" There was a punctuated silence at the table, "I thought so."

"Their tongues are weird."

"You have antlers sticking out of your head."

"At least my tongue is a normal length!"

"I- Wil, you're being weird in front of Tommy. He's going to think we're a flock of weirdos."

Hah. Flock. Bird.

"Actually, I already thought you were weird," He saw the opportunity to jump into the conversation an snatched it. Talking could distract him from the other member of the group.

"Even so! You shouldn't care about his opinion! He's a child, Phil," The Deer- was Wilbur his name? He was sure Phil had said something like that. Wilbur was getting on his nerves.

"I am not a child. I am a huge man. If you call me a child again- well, you don't wanna know," Out of the corner of his eye, he caught Pink One snort. It didn't do much to quell his unease, but comedy points were comedy points.

Phil let out a light chuckle, before speaking. "So, Tommy, why don't you tell us about yourself? Don't mind Techno, he's just shy." Shy. That was one way to put it.

But now Tommy had to tell people about himself. Which would be hard. Not because he was nervous. Definitely not. People just find him annoying when they first meet him, and as much as he loathed to admit it, he didn't really want to sit alone.

"Okay then. Erm.. I'm Tommy."

Off to a shit start already. Great. He swallowed dryly.

"I haven't been here too long. I'm a- My animal side is a wolf. Yeah."

Phil looked at him with something akin to pity is his eyes. It infuriated him. He would've started swearing if he hadn't decided to be polite.

"Well, I'm Phil, this is Technoblade," Phil gestured to The Pink One, "And you probably already know Wilbur."

"Yeah."

"I'm a bird- raven, to be specific. Techno's a boar, and Wil's a deer."

Huh. That explained the tusks.

"So. Thoughts on women?"

Tommy was so fucking good at conversation. Jesus Christ who?

"What?" Wilbur was incredulous, and Phil seemed to be holding in laughter. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Technoblade crack a grin.

"You heard me. Unless you didn't. If you didn't, I'd be happy to repeat-"

"No, no, I heard you fine, it's just-" Wilbur ran a hand through his hair, "They're good, I guess? I like women."

Tommy was about to respond, before he glanced at the other two, ears twitching.

Phil nudged Technoblade, before whispering in his ear, "I bet he's not used to not being the chaotic one in the group," Technoblade snickered, shaking his head.

They probably thought he didn't hear. That, or they didn't care.

Tommy turned back to Wilbur, who still seemed rattled. It wasn't even that strange of a question. Was he just that dramatic?

"Who's your favourite?"

"Pardon?"

"Who's your favourite woman, Wilbur?"

"I- I don't know? I've never thought about it, I guess. This is a strange conversation."

"There is a correct answer."

"Favourite woman... I guess would be Niki? She's a good friend of mine, I think she's a high-ranking woman."

Tommy didn't know precisely who this Niki woman was (although he had a sneaking suspicion that it was the white tiger lady from the fight), but he did know that Wilbur had just presented him with an incorrect answer.

"Wrong."

"You- what?"

"It's the Queen, Wilbur."

"Wh- no? She's not? My favourite woman is not the Queen, Tommy."

Tommy was ready to fire back, but before he could, he caught Technoblade looking at him strangely from across the table. This time, it did not deter him from his mission. The Queen would not be slandered. Not while he was alive.

"She is. The Queen is the only answer to this question, and you've fucked it up. You've fucked up the easiest question on the planet. I- I can't believe this."

"I hate the Queen, personally," Technoblade piped up from across the table.

Tommy saw red.

"WHAT?"

Tommy had a burning desire to leap over the table and rip the man to shreds. But he didn't. He could if he wanted to, but he was feeling merciful. Also, he told himself he'd be polite.

He was about to destroy the man with 'harsh words' (swears), before he felt a hand on his shoulder.

Wilbur whispered into his ear, "Techno hates governments, monarchies, the lot of it. The only thing stopping him from committing heinous acts is the law. Probably."

Heinous acts? Tommy was intrigued. He'd have to inquire more about these heinous acts another day.

Another day indeed, because at that moment, he heard the announcement that concluded lunch.

As the four of them began to go their separate ways, Wilbur called out.

"Sit with us again, maybe? See if you can invite your friend, Tubbo. Lovely lad, he is."

Tommy wrinkled his nose at the man before going to find Eret.

He did kind of want to sit with them again.

A/N: help girl how do you write dialogue. i hate dialogue so much so i decided to dick on about the queen because i dont know how to have a meaningful conversation. philza minecraft. i hate this chapter but also i want to move the damn story along.