Chapter 13

In front of Tommy stood a door. A normal door, similar to that of any other door he'd seen in the facility thus far. Eret shifted slightly beside him, but they didn't make a move, leaving the wolf hybrid to stare at the door.

Its gaping maw threatened to swallow him whole if he even dared to move a muscle. He felt as though he was on a treadmill, or a conveyor belt. He could run all he wanted, but he'd end up here all the same.

Eret stepped forward, swiping their keycard. Tommy barely suppressed a flinch as they gripped his shoulder, roughly guiding him inside. He barely caught a glimpse of them walking away as the door shut, sealing him inside.

He was alone.

Again.

He always did this, really. Yelling at people. Pushing them away. It was stupid of him. So, so stupid. He was too brash, too loud, too-

"263-W, welcome to the research branch of our facility. We will be conducting a series of tests to observe your behaviour, instincts, and biology, among other things. We ask for full cooperation, otherwise there will be consequences."

The voice startled him out of his spiral, and it was not unlike the robotic voice he had heard upon arrival. However, unlike the other voice, this one was distinctly human.

He stayed silent, observing the room around him carefully. It was large, larger than his room, and there was a faint outline on the wall across from the entrance, somewhat door-shaped.

The room was white, like everything else in the facility. The walls were cold to the touch, and he felt goosebumps rising.

What really caught his eye, however, was the far left wall. It was entirely made of glass, and he could see three humans, wearing white coats, chattering amongst themselves. One of them, a woman, sat at a desk, microphone in front of her. So she was the one speaking to him?

"Testing will commence immediately. In order to test your hearing, a tone will play from the speakers installed in the room. The pitch will increase over time."

"This may be painful."

Tommy shivered further, and he wasn't sure if it was from the cold, or the icy dread pooling in his stomach. Perhaps it was both.

A low ringing noise filled the room, and he relaxed somewhat. It was almost anticlimactic. Was this all they had to throw at him?

The ringing increased in pitch, and he remained unfazed.

It got higher, and higher, but he could handle it. Tommy began to feel dizzy, so he sat down. It was probably just because he was nervous. Yeah, that was it.

Despite the noise beginning to wear him out, it continued to rise in pitch. He wanted so desperately to unload his insides onto the pristine floor of the room, and he would have, if not for the fact that it wasn't very healthy to puke up the one meal you got per day. Actually, now that he's thinking about it, Tubbo hadn't shown up to the cafeteria for a while after testing. Would they starve him?

Wouldn't be the first time.

The ringing spiked, and Tommy curled into himself, ears flattening. His prior thoughts were rendered null, and all he could register was that it hurts. He didn't know when he had started crying, only that there were hot tears streaming down his face and that he was in so much pain-

And then it stopped.

His head was clouded from the pain, and all he could do was relish the relief he was granted.

He tentatively stood, ignoring the festering nausea in his stomach, and looked to the three humans behind the glass. They seemed to be whispering amongst themselves, and were taking notes. As his head cleared, anger began to swell.