Tryouts, Strange Meetings and Accusations

Tamara’s POV

I walk into the DADA and go to sit beside Jennifer. Before I get a chance to talk to her, Professor Harris walks in.

“Hello class, for the next few weeks we will be learning about magical creatures. We’re going to start off with Cornish Pixies. Does anyone know what they are?”

No one raises their hands, so Lewis hesitantly raises his. Professor Harris nods in his direction. “Cornish PIxies are small mischief makers who loves playing jokes and tricks.”

“Very good. Cornish Pixies are small, about eight inches, but have incredible strength.” Professor Harris starts.

“Who knew Lewis knew what Cornish Pixies are.” Jennifer whispers when Professor Harris told us to start taking notes on them.

“Not really. He is pretty wise about animals and creatures of all kinds.” I say.

“Yay! Cornish Pixies are blue!” Jennifer exclaims, pointing to a picture of one of them in the textbook. She loves blue.

“They kinda look like bats....with fairy wings.” Colin comments. We laugh. They kinda do actually, except the legs kinda ruin it.

“Next class, we will get the chance to see them in person. Your task will be to try to keep them in control.” Professor Harris assigns. “Easier said than done though, so make sure you do your research.”

“They are eight inches in size! What harm can they do?” Jennifer questions.

“Pick you up by the ear and drop you on a tree or building. If you’re in the hunt for free transportation. Then sure, no harm at all.” I joke.

Jennifer immediately covers her ears with her hands. “But I like my ears.....I like free transportation too though....what do I do?!” I roll my eyes at her.

“See you at Quidditch tryouts Tamara.” Lewis says with a smile, leaving the classroom.

“Yeah, see you.” I call back, turning my attention back towards Jennifer, who is still clutching her ears, she widens her eyes.

“Quidditch tryouts are today?! I thought they are tomorrow!”

“No....they’re today. Does it matter?” I ask.

“Michelle said it was in two weeks though! Remember?” Jennifer states.

“That time with was a week and six days....remember....?” I say, Jennifer just sighs. “Why? What’s the problem?”

“I kind of lent my broom to my brother....” she says, unwrapping one of her rice krispie sandwiches.

“Didn’t I tell you to eat that once a day?” Natalie says, appearing. Jennifer’s shoulders slump.

“But I need the energy! Since I don’t have my broom....” Natalie rolls her eyes.

“Fine. Fine.” Suddenly Luna, my snowy owl, comes flying in, with a letter. She hands it to Jennifer. I pet her head before she flies off.

Jennifer looks at the letter confused, turns it around in her hands. She opens it and begins to read it. When she reaches the bottom and scrunches it up in her hands and tosses it.

“What’s wrong?” I ask. She ignores me, and starts to glares at her plate of food. Which rarely happens.  

“Jennifer?”

“He broke it!!” Jennifer exclaims, “That little annoying, destructive brother, broke my broom!! Look at this!!” She shoots up angrily and picked up the paper. She shoves it into my hands and plopped back down in her seat.