Asking, Weird Questions and Falling Asleep

Michelle’s POV

 A week has passed by since that sad, awful day. The day that I had to agree to spend Valentine’s Day with him. Lewis Zhou. I shiver at the thought of that day. Time flies too fast. I have to ask him out before Valentine’s Day. Which is a week from now. I sigh as I write notes for History of Magic.

“Thinking about how you are going to drop the bomb at your lover?” Jennifer teases beside me. I shoot a glare at her.

“How many time do I have to tell you?! It’s not a stinking date!”

Jennifer rolls her eyes. “Yeah. Yeah. So are you going with Brian’s idea?”

“A horrible idea might I add.” I say, continuing on with my notes. “Do you have ideas?”

Jennifer thinks about it for a moment. Then her face brightens, as if a lightbulb had just popped up on the top of her head. “How about you get down on one knee....pull out a ring.....”

I look at Jennifer, mouth slightly parted and eyes narrowed. I must have been stunned for a moment because the next thing I know Jennifer’s hand is waving over my face. “Hello? Class is over you know. What? You thinking of what rock to get him? Maybe you can ask what his birth stone is.....”

I get up and gather my books. “You’re crazy.”

“Ohh. Ohh! How about you give him a bunch of rice krispies with letters on each of them that spell out ‘will you go out with me?’” she offers, following me out the classroom.

I roll my eyes at her annoyed. “I doubt Lewis likes rice krispies as much as you do. No offence.” I quickly add when she flashes a seriously offended expression.

I sigh. “Uhhh this is killing me....”

“What is? History class?” Natalie asks walking up to us with Tamara next to her.

“I think you know what...” I mutter

Jennifer pats my back. “Come one! Loosen up a bit! It’s still a week away!”

“A week too little.”

“Just straight up ask him.” Tamara offers. “If you do anything special it might seem like you want to be more than just friends.”

“Only she wants to be less, not more.” Jennifer adds matter-of-factly.

“Don’t tell me you’re thinking of going with Brian’s idea....”

I shrug. I honestly don’t know what I’m going to do. Ugh! This is going to be the worse Valentine’s day ever. My second year TOTALLY sucks. But seriously Keith has been bothering me lately about asking Lewis out....That jerk....

“Oh hey, speak of the devil. There he is!” Jennifer points out really loudly. What I mean by loudly is shouting across the hall. Not to mention, she’s gesturing to him. If only I can just crawl under a rock for the rest of my life right about now. He looks at Jennifer weirdly. Then at all of us. Okay, except maybe me. He just gives me a look of hate.

“Hey Lewis. Michelle needs to ask you something.” Jennifer casually says. Lewis raises an eyebrow at her.

“Really? Do I even want to know?” He asks, looking at me with disgust.

I give her a look of alarm. Why did she do that!? She stuck her tongue out at me. I swear I saw red. Jennifer begins to push me towards him. Oh Merlin, I promise that Jennifer won’t be so happy after I’m done with her. I begin to curse under my breath as I get closer to Lewis.