Surprising Game, Secrets and Costumes

Natalie’s POV

As the bell rings for dismissal, I grow very nervous. Yesterday, we barely practiced at all for today’s game. I don’t want to think about the possibilities of all the players being sent to the Hospital Wing by the boys. But at least we have an hour to practice/warm up before the game.

All three of us are worried about Michelle’s condition. She just got out of the Hospital Wing this morning. She says that she’s fine and all but we doubt it.

We gather up our team to practice. We want to be owned as little as possible. But the team of boys shocked us. When we reach the Quidditch pitch, the boys’ team is there, practicing. I spot Keith, Brian, Joey, Colin, Lewis among them along with a Hufflepuff and Slytherin boy  Yup. We’re dead.

Out of all of us, Lilly looks most nervous by far. I hear Michelle groan. “Why!? Why them of all people!?” Michelle whines. Zoey looks like she wants to run away to some faraway place. Then we hear yelling.

“Hey, stay away from me!” Lewis yells.

“We have to work together to actually win, you know!” Keith yells back. Well at least that gives us an advantage....We can use the fact that they can’t work together to work it against them. Jennifer, Tamara and Michelle gives those two looks of disapproval.

“I have a plan.” I say to the team. We all hesitantly go in a circle.  

“You all saw what’s going on between Lewis and Keith right? The two Beaters over there.” I say and all of them nod their heads.

“Well, we all know Lewis really hates Slytherins and Keith doesn’t like him that much in return. Let’s try to make them come in contact with each other as much as possible. That way, we can get them out of our way and no one hopefully will crash land.” All of us agree to the plan.

“Now, who’s playing what positions?” Tamara asks. I guess considering her and Zoey are both Seekers.

“I don’t mind being the other Chaser.” Zoey volunteers.  

Tamara shakes her head. “It’s okay. I’ll be the Chaser.”

“No. I’ll be the second Chaser. Really, it’s okay.” Zoey urges.  

“No. I’ll do it. You play the position you're strongest with. We’ll need it.” says Tamara.

“If you’re sure...okay then.” says Zoey.

“What position are Lilly and Helda going to be?” I ask.

“I guess i’ll be Beater...” says Helda.

“Then i’ll be Keeper.” says Lilly.

“Okay, so the rest of the people keep their own positions.” says Michelle.

“Wait a sec. Who's the captain?” Jennifer asks.

“Michelle should be the captain.” says Tamara. The rest of us agree.

We walk over to the middle of the pitch where Madam Hooch is standing. The boys do the same.

“I want this to be a clean, fair game. Try not to get injured please. Understand?” says Madam Hooch. Everyone nods.

“Good, Captains shake hands.” Michelle steps forward and so does Brian. They shake hands and we all get into our positions.

“Three...two...one!” and the balls are released. I go for the Quaffle and get it. I pass it to Tamara who passes it to Jennifer. We score.

“10-0!” yells Madam Hooch.

So far so good. Maybe we can win this thing. The Quaffle goes to the guys. They score. Okay, spoke too soon.