Quidditch, Broken Vase and Santa

Jennifer’s POV

After class I go down to the Quidditch pitch and sit in the stands with Tamara. I hope we can have a peaceful season this year...No injuries or people that look like Death Eaters appearing on the field. Although I have a feeling that won’t happen. Hopefully Natalie and Michelle don’t get injured.

“Welcome to the Ravenclaw VS Slytherin game. On the Ravenclaw side, Hayes, Johnson, Jenkins, Xiang, Lu, Yang and Shields. Hansworth, Reyes, Manchester, Cooper, Chang, Tan and Nelson on the Slytherin side.” says the commentator signaling the time for them to walk onto the field.

Madam Hooch walks onto the field and releases the Snitch. Slytherin gets the Quaffle first and scores. The Quaffle is soon passed to Natalie and she scores as well making it tied.

Both Seekers are circling around near the top and luckily no one has been hit by the Bludger so far.

“50-60, Slytherin is in the lead.” says the commentator after a while.

Natalie has the Quaffle again and then passes it to her teammate, Lisa. She’s zooming around the field and then passes it to the other Chaser, Nathan. I see Keith sneak up behind him and he hits a Bludger at him, hard and fast. He falls but luckily his broom slows down his fall but it’s not slow enough. It looks like he’s out for the rest of the game.

“And the Captain, Hayes is out, Gomez will be substituting.” says the commentator after the time out whistle.

The game continues on.

“70-100, Slytherin still in the lead!” exclaims the commentator. I raise my banners higher. This time they read ‘Go Natalie’, ‘Go Michelle’ and ‘Don’t get injured!’.

I look over to Michelle as she knocks out one of the Ravenclaw Beater’s. That’s not good.... there’s no more substitutes. They’re going to have to play without one player. That’s how it works in professional Quidditch anyway.

Soon I notice that Zoey has stopped circling and speeds to the opposite side of the field. The Slytherin Seeker sees it too and they both go after it. Zoey stretches her hand out and is just about to get it when she get hits by a Bludger. It hits her broom and knocks her off balance causing the Slytherin Seeker to catch the Snitch.

“And Hansworth’s got it! Slytherin wins! Hope to see you next time!” says the commentator as everyone flies back down.

***

To all Hufflepuff Students,

If you plan to go home for Christmas write your name down below.

Professor Longbottom,

Head of Hufflepuff

I write my name down and walk down to the tree by the lake and meet up with Natalie, Tamara and Michelle.

“Hey,” I say.

“Hi,” says Tamara. “Did you see the notice on the bulletin board about Christmas?”

“Yeah, wrote my name down. You?” I ask.

“We’re still deciding.” says Natalie. “Are you going back to the orphanage?”

“Yeah, I’m going to visit my brother. I need to give him a lesson about touching other people’s stuff...” I still can’t believe he broke my camera, he is really going to get it.

“We were thinking that we could all go to my house for Christmas. You could bring your brother I guess.” says Michelle.

“You want my brother to come too??” I say. “He might break something.”