Visits, Jealousy, Surprises

Michelle’s POV

Jennifer and I are sitting out under the tree in the backyard when Natalie and Tamara arrive.

“Hey, long time no see.” says Natalie.

“Hi. What’s up?” I say as the two of them join us under the tree. Both Tamara and Natalie have definitely grown taller. That fact makes me feel shorter than I am. Tamara’s hair has gotten a bit shorter. Like it got a trim earlier but it is growing back. While Natalie’s hair just looks longer than it was the last time I saw her. Tamara’s skin still looks light and pale as it usually is while Natalie’s has gotten a little more tanned.

“Nothing much. Didn’t really do anything this summer.” says Tamara.

“Same.” says Natalie. “Did you get your exam marks?”

“Yeah. I’m pretty sure I beat Lewis at everything. Can’t wait to see his reaction.”

We compare our marks.

Mine:

Transfiguration:  E

Potions: O

History of Magic: O

Defense Against the Dark Arts: E

Charms: O

Herbology: E

Tamara got mostly O’s and E’s , Jennifer got E’s and A’s (considering she is completely new to magic, it’s pretty good) while Natalie got mainly O’s and a few E’s.

Anyway soon it’s time for dinner. We eat and play Quidditch outside after. Three against Three. Milly, Melanie and I are on one team while Tamara, Natalie and Jennifer are on the other team. We play with just two Chasers and one Keeper. We were about to begin when one of my house elves called me down. I went down and asked her what the matter was.

“Mistress, The Tan family’s son has come for a visit. He’s at the front courtyard. Also Mr. Wu, Ms. Wu’s brother is in the living room eating rice krispie sandwiches. Would you like me to stop him?” I nodded and yelled at the others, “You guys can continue without me!! I’ll be right back. Oh and Nellie stop Stephen and remember to please not be so formal with me. It makes me feel uncomfortable. I’ve told you this before.” I chimed at her.  She nodded earnestly, smiling. I smiled back at her and asked her if she could guide me there.

“Hey, Keith.” I say as he walks in. He’s wearing his usual dark green robes that are simple and casual. I’m wondering why he came here, although I’m not complaining.....

“Hey Michelle, how’s your summer so far?” he asks with a charming smile. I feel my cheeks getting warmer a bit. Dang it! I hate it when this happens around him!! I smiled at him and answered, “Oh as usual, went shopping here and there and visited relatives. But way more fun than the other summers because Jennifer is staying here and Natalie and Tamara just arrived today.”. Something strange flashed in his eyes but disappeared as soon as it came. It was like a flash of excitement or something.....it flashed when I mentioned Jennifer....I’m sure it’s not something to be worried about.

“Oh really? Sorry I couldn’t visit until now. I was in Paris with my family while my father was doing something for his company.” He apologizes.

“It’s okay. How’s your trip to Paris then?” I inquired with curiously.  

“Nothing exciting. Just walked around. It would have been better if you came along with us. But we couldn’t since it was on short notice.” he says. I nodded, understanding. “Oh yeah, I also got you something from there. He reaches in the pocket of his robes and pulls out a tiny velvet box and hands it to me. I hesitantly take it.