Cheer Up, Unexpected and Confrontations

Jennifer’s POV

All of us, besides Michelle since she is still doing her detention, are hanging out at our usual place at the Black Lake.

“Oh, so that’s why she got detention.” Natalie says.

“She must have stayed up late last night thinking about everything that’s happened lately. With Keith, Melanie and Milly.” Tamara says.

I nod. “And this all started to happen at the same time. But, according to Michelle, Wilma told Keith she needed to show something to him. I wonder what it is.” I wondered out loud.

“Do you think it has something to do with his uncle?” Tamara asks with curiosity.

“It could be. Who knows? No one knows except for those two. Obviously we’re not going to know anytime soon with how things are going with Keith and Michelle.” I say.

Michelle comes jogging over towards us, she looks out of breath. “Hey, how was detention?” I ask.

“What’d you have to do?” Natalie continues.

Michelle takes a moment to catch her breath, then she sits down next to me, still slightly out of breath. “I had detention with Professor Warrington.” She says, ignoring the surprised look on our faces. “She made me organize scrolls of parchment and I found this.” She reaches in the pocket of her robes as we wait patiently.

She widens her eyes. “Oh snap...”

“It’s not there is it?” Tamara guesses. Michelle limply nods.

“But how....” She says confused, checking all the pockets of her robes. Each time pulling out her empty hands.

“Well did you see what was in it?” Natalie asks. Michelle shakes her head.

“No...She was behind me, so I couldn’t...” She answers, “All I could do was stuff it in my pocket without her seeing.”

Tamara tilts her head to look behind Michelle, “Hey, isn’t that....Milly?” She says in a surprised tone. We all turn to look in the direction she pointed to. It is Milly. Or Melanie. Hard to tell really. But Melanie is a bit taller than Milly. So I think it’s Milly.

Milly/Melanie pushes a first year Ravenclaw girl down to the ground. Michelle widens her eyes in shock. Yup, it’s definitely Milly. If it were Melanie, she would have marched over there, angry at what she had done. Right now, she’s shocked.

Wait back up. Milly just pushed someone down? Like pushed pushed? She wouldn’t hurt a flea. Let alone push a innocent, or at least I think she is innocent, person down.

Michelle gets up from her spot and starts to jog over to Milly. Natalie, Tamara and I follow her. Michelle walks to Milly as the rest of us help the Ravenclaw girl up, making sure she is alright. She gets up and immediately hides behind us. Scared that Milly would push her down again.

“Hey Milly, why did you do that? That’s not like you.” Michelle says with concern. Milly just crosses her arms and looks away.

After making sure the Ravenclaw girl is alright, her name was Emma, we all said sorry to her as she walks off.

“I mean, just because Melanie has become distant, it doesn’t mean it’s okay to just push people around like that.” Michelle continues.

“You don’t get it. You’ll never get it!” Milly exclaims, running off. Michelle stays where she is, burying her face in her hands.

“Everything is going wrong.” she murmurs.

***

After that day, it was clear that Michelle was getting depressed. Her sisters are having problems and that fight with Keith hadn’t helped her situation at all.