Anger, Research and New Clues

Michelle’s POV

“Oh my gosh....what happened?” Helda asks, seeing my swelled up cheek. I smile sheepishly at her. “Well.....long story short, I got sacked in the face.” I summed it up.

Helda crosses her arms, “Who did it?”

“Who do you think did it?” I say, not looking at her in the eyes. Then I hear a gasp. “It’s him isn't it!? The what-ever-his-name-is dude who goes crazy whenever you’re near him. Not that kind of crazy by the way.”

I raise my eyebrows. “....Why would I think it’s that kind of crazy? If I did, I would have a troll’s brain transplanted in my head.” I say with disgust. Helda puts her hands up in surrender.

“Alright, alright. I’m sorry. But you know what I mean. Anyways, first of all, why did he sack you in the face?” Helda asks with her arms down at her lap.

“It wasn’t him,” I answer and a look of surprise is shown on Helda’s face, “It was Melanie.” She shoots up from her seat on her bed.

“Your own sister punched you?!” Helda exclaims, eyes widening.

“Hey, it was by accident. The punch was meant for the jerk face. I was in front of him to try to calm down Melanie. She didn’t see me and yeah.” I explain in Melanie’s defense.

Helda looks skeptical, but I decide to change the topic sensing I’m pretty much done explaining the situation. “Oh, you have a little blood on your lip.” Helda points out.

I awkwardly wipe it off with the back of hand. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Wilma and Melanie chatting about something. Laughing. Helda seemed to notice too. In Hogwarts Wilma is a...weird student. She’s unpredictable. Some first years seem to find her dangerous.

“How did that happen?” Helda wonders.

“I could ask the same thing.”

***

Classes with Gryffindor have been....different. Melanie has been also. Melanie and Milly have became distant since Melanie starting hanging out with Wilma. Milly would try to make conversation, but only a single word would escape her mouth at a time. Not even a single sentence. Milly started being oddly quiet during classes. The whole Melanie thing must be getting to her. After the Lewis scene we pulled a couple days ago. As for Lewis, I don’t even bother to find out.

Natalie says that whenever she has classes with Gryffindor, Melanie and Wilma would always pair up together. After the entire locket thing happened, Wilma became dependant. Now suddenly they are best friends. Then it hits me.

“The locket.” I mutter out loud. Tamara looks up from gathering up her things.

“What about the locket?” She asks, surprised it is suddenly brought up.

“I think it’s about time we start looking into who that boy inside is.” I answer.

She scrunches her eyebrows together. “Why is that?”

I shrug, “I don’t know. Everything seems off lately. I’m looking for answers.”

Tamara bits her lip hesitantly. The boy is someone important to her. I know it. To be completely honest, I don’t trust her completely. She just seems really sketchy. Perhaps knowing who that boy is gets us one step closer to knowing her.

“Whatever. Fine. Let’s go.”

***

We meet up with Natalie and Jennifer to go to the library. For the most part it is fairly empty. The library suddenly became the place to be when research and homework is needed to be done for us. But that’s normal right? Well not necessarily doing stalkerish research but you get the point.