Realizations, Pop Tarts and Deals

Tamara’s POV

Jennifer, Natalie, and I are sitting in the library doing our homework. Currently Michelle is helping a professor with something. It was silent until Jennifer broke it.

“So, do any of you guys think you’re going to get a confession on Valentine’s Day?” She asks curiously.

“No.” I quickly answer. “Why you do?”

“Keith has been looking at me weirdly.....” Jennifer answers and trails off into silence.

“Weird how?” Natalie asks.

“I don’t know...It’s hard to explain....” Then we hear a growl. We turn to the direction it came from. It is a girl who looks be around our age. I recognize her as part of the Tanland Paradise. She is glaring at Jennifer with hatred and jealousy in her eyes. Man, these people are everywhere. It's kind of crazy.

I look back at Jennifer with a smile. “Looks like you got competition.” I joke. Jennifer just rolls her eyes at me.

She then turns to Natalie. “What about you?”  Natalie is silent for awhile, as if thinking of what to say. Jennifer’s face brightens.

“Oh. My. Gosh. Who is it?” She exclaims excitedly. Then Brian comes into my head. A grin comes on my face excited.

“It’s Brian isn’t it?” I ask teasingly. Natalie’s face reddens a bit and stands up and walks away to a shelf.

Jennifer turns to me. “It totally is. She even blushed!” I laugh for a bit until I see Brian walk by our table. I grab his arm, directing him over.

“Did you tell her yet?” I whisper to him. I’m pretty sure Jennifer heard it though.

He looks hesitant. “Uh....”

“Tell her. Or I’m going to.” I mutter. “She’s over there.” I finish, pointing to the next aisle of books.

“Do I ~”

“Yes.” I say, completely cutting him off. I gently shove him away towards Natalie. I turn back to Jennifer, but not before I see Brian turn into the aisle of history books. There was an amused expression on Jennifer’s face. She couldn’t keep the smile off her face. Wait....did she think....? Oh no. This is going to get out of hand isn’t it....?

Seconds later, Brian appears from behind the shelves, shooting me a weird look on his face. Out of the corner of my eye I see Jennifer’s smile widen. He didn’t tell her. I know he didn’t tell her. I sigh on the inside. Natalie emerges from behind as well. Casually holding a book in one arm. She heads over to our table, pulling out her chair and taking her seat.

Jennifer’s face was inches from her, still with a silly smile pasted on it. “Well? Well?!” I mentally facepalm myself. Way to be that straightforward.....

Michelle walks over and looks between Natalie and Jennifer. She looks at me, not bothering to hide how confused she is. Natalie gently shoves Jennifer’s face away as Michelle sits on an empty seat. “Well what?”

“Did you say yes??” She eagerly asks. Natalie just stays silent, looking confused as ever. Who wouldn’t be as confused as her if nobody said anything to her and then have someone in your face asking about something they have no idea about.

“Say yes to what?” Natalie asks, seriously confused.

Jennifer pokes her arm with a finger. “You know what.....”

“What just happened!?” Michelle cuts in.

“Brian con~” I immediately shush her. Then I give Jennifer a look that says, 'Be-quiet-or-else’.