Shopping, Loud Cries and Unicorns

Natalie’s POV

I stroll down the fantasy genre aisle at Foyles. I sigh. I know Zoey wants to read a couple of Muggle books. I have a few ideas of what books to get her but I’m not sure if she would really like it. Hmmmm....Oh here’s Percy Jackson & the Olympians.....She is interested in the Heroes of Olympus. She will definitely love this gift. I take the five books from the shelves.

Then my eyes catch a glimpse of a book title. I swiftly pull it out and turn it to read the blurb at the back. I spot a girl with shoulder length black hair emerge from the corner and starts browsing the shelves at the corner of my eye.

“Hey Brian! Isn’t this the book you wanted to get for a girl?” I hear a girl ask teasingly. My eyes widen a bit at hearing the name it was directed to. The Brian she’s talking about is not the one I’m thinking about right now....Is she..?  I mean what are the odds we would go to the same bookstore at a the same Muggle mall....Then again he’s a half blood after all.

A voice replies from the another bookshelf, I can’t exactly make out what he is saying. The girl speaks up again.

“Don’t deny it. I can clearly see it on your cherry red face.” She retorts. Ok.....I’m just going to go to another aisle now....I immediately walk to the Teen Fiction aisle.

For a while after browsing the books, I finally get a book that I’m interested in. I’m completely immersed in the first chapter and starts to walk over to the cashier. Then I bump head first into someone, causing me to stumble back a couple of steps. I drop my books onto the ground from the collision.

I bend down and start picking up my books, whoever I bumped into starts to help. I stand up and see an arm extended towards me with, holding a book. I take it and look up to thank them. Not realizing who I bumped into exactly.

“Oh.....uh......Hi.” I awkwardly say.

Brian smiles. “Hey. Doing some Christmas shopping?”

I nod. “Yeah.”

The girl from before comes up and hands him a book. “Here. Found it.” she turns and looks at me. She gives me a funny look. “Are you.....?”

“Irene, this is Natalie. Natalie, this is my sister Irene.” Brian cuts in.

I smile at her. She continues to look at me funny. She looks over at Brian and whispers something to him. He nudges her in the ribs. Irene returns a punch in the arm. Okay.....

“There you are! I knew you would be in here!” Jennifer exclaims, walking up to me with Stephen in tow. “Oh. Hey Brian.”

“Wow...you know a lot more girls than I assumed...” Irene mutters.

Brian narrows his eyes at her. Jennifer quickly greets the others and turns back to me. “Come on. The others are waiting.”

Irene widens her eyes. “There’s more?”

“Want to come with?” Jennifer offers.

Brian shakes his head. “No it’s fi~”

Irene hits him on the arm again. “Oh of course we’ll come! I need to meet the rest of you that he never bothered to mention.” she says, shooting a glare at her brother.

Jennifer smiles. “Let’s go!” I think I was stunned for at least 10 minutes.

After we pay, we follow Jennifer to meet up with Michelle, Keith and Tamara. I walk next to Jennifer as Brian and Irene were behind, deep in conversation.

“How many girls do you know exactly?!” Irene whisper yells at him.

“I don’t know! Do you expect me to count?!” Brian shoots back.