Epilogue

Tamara’s POV - Epilogue

It’s been months since we came out of the chamber and the mandrakes are finally ready to be made into the potion to revive Michelle. The three of us walk to the infirmary as Madam Pomfrey finishes brewing the Mandrake Restorative Draught. Melanie and Milly walk in after us. The head nurse pours some of the draught into a glass and slowly pours it into Michelle’s mouth. She coughs and her eyes open.

“Ughhh....I feel so sore...” She mutters as she gets out of the position she’s been in for more than two months. Then she glances over at Milly and her eyes widen in shock. “Milly? How did you...Are you okay?”

“I’m okay now, and no one’s going to be petrified from now on.” says Milly with a smile.

“What happened while I was unconscious?” asks Michelle. “How long was I out?”

“A couple of months, it’s June now.” says Jennifer.

“June?!?” says Michelle surprised, “I was out for that long?”

“Yeah, we couldn’t revive you till the Mandrakes matured and that was today.” says Natalie. Then Melanie and Milly hug Michelle out of relief. Then Michelle gently pushes them away and points at Milly with a finger.

“You got me into soooooooooo much trouble with mom and dad. Not only that, I had to go on my first date with him! Ooh the things I do for you!” Michelle scolds Milly.

Milly giggles. “You went on your first date with Lewis?”

Michelle glares at her. “If a certain someone didn’t go missing for four months, I wouldn’t have to.” She grumbles.

“I’m sorry! It’s technically not my fault though. How was I supposed to know the necklace was cursed?”

“Why did you pick it up anyway?" asks Michelle.

Milly shrugs,“Knowing you, you’re going to regret throwing it away later. I figured I would give it back to you once you cooled down a bit from the argument.”

“Oh yeah.” I reach into the pocket of my robes, pulling out the necklace “Here. Dumbledore made sure it’s not cursed so it should be fine. I wasn’t sure if you wanted it...after all the trouble it caused....” I hand her the necklace. She takes it and looks at it closely.

She smiles. “This little thing gave us some year, didn’t it?”

***

Before we know it, it’s the end of the year and the four of us are boarding the train to go home or Michelle’s house in Jennifer’s case.

We talk for most of the ride, mostly just recapping what a crazy year it has been. Hopefully that William dude won’t bother us again next but hey, you never know. 

We’ve only been to Hogwarts for two years, yet there's already so much that has happened to us. I wonder what the next five years to come have in store for us.

Well, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

The End!