Secrets, Polyjuice and Rice Krispies

Tamara’s POV

Is there anyway I can get out of doing this? It’s not going to work, Joey knows Natalie too well. He’ll look through me like a window. Plus, it’s a waste of polyjuice. That stuff takes months to make. I’m going to try to snake myself out of this situation. Seriously, would you do it?

“Can you at least try to talk to him?” I ask Natalie while we stand in the girls’ washroom.

“Tell him what? He’s expecting me to tell him today.”

I shrug. “Well, I’m sure you know each other well enough to know how he will react. What do you think he will say after you tell him the entire Wilma thing?”

Natalie took a moment to think about it. “That’s a hard one....”

To be completely honest here, I don’t think Wilma is up to anything. I’m not sure why I feel this way, but I just...do. I however, can’t say the same about Professor Warrington though.

“Don’t you think it might hurt his feelings though? Lying to him. I mean, you’ve been through so much.” I state. I would have a sting if something like that happened to me.

Jennifer waves it off. “He’s a guy. He can handle it.”

“He may be a guy, but he’s still human.” Michelle states pushing her dark bangs back.

“Well, do you think Keith is still human?” Jennifer asks in a quiet voice. Wanting no one to overhear. Especially Keith, I mean, check out his awesome timing skills. On the other hand, he is probably doing something with Wilma. Again.

Michelle looks annoyed. “Can we please not talk about him?” She replies, sounding more like a command rather than a question.

“Fine. Fine.” Jennifer says, waving it to the side.

“What time is it?” Natalie suddenly asks. I show her my watch. I’m officially their personal clock. And it gets freaking annoying, they continuously ask. Natalie takes a quick glance and I bring my arm back.

Natalie points to my head, “Can I...?”

I look at her confused. “What?” Oh....never mind. I know what she wants.

“Can I not do it? Please?” I ask. “It’s not fair for Joey. And Brian.” I quickly add.

Natalie looks at me confused, “What does this have to do with him?” I raise my eyebrows in response.

“Oh.” was Natalie’s only answer.

“Uh huh.” I answer back.

“Please?”

Before I can answer, Jennifer reaches over and plucks a strand of hair from my head. Handing it to Natalie.

“Well, that was nice of you.” I tell Jennifer sarcastically.

She smiles. “What? The polyjuice thing is going to be my entertainment. I mean, seriously. I saved up some rice krispie sandwiches for it.”

Natalie plucks her a strand of her own hair. She pulls out the polyjuice potion and adds a strand to each bottle. She hands me the bottle containing her hair. I hesitantly look at it. Eyeing the bottle to Natalie. I already don’t like where this is going. Jennifer takes the bottle from her hands and attempts to put it in mine.

“Will that be enough?” Michelle asks, wanting to make sure.

Natalie nods,”It should be. I’m pretty sure it is.” Jennifer continues to try to stick the potion in my hands.