Chapter 8- Come Up With Better Revenge

Chapter 8
Come Up With Better Revenge

Slouching into my one of the beach chairs, I threw my head back as my sleek brown hair cascaded along the behind. I took a deep breath and I could see a small puff of air flow out.

Dang, it's getting cold.

The sun was beginning to set, an orangey colour illuminated everywhere. It was beautiful and such a sight to see.

"You look cold," a voice boomed behind me. I whipped my head to meet with Ben.

He was wrapped in a navy blue jumper that matched his black hair well and had a towel around his neck.

I was wearing joggers and a top, my hair up in a ponytail with bumps. There was no mirrors so it was very messy.

"Eh, I'm alright." I shrugged before inhaling a huge whiff of smoke coming from the small, freshly lit fire in front of me.

How was there a fire, yet i'm still cold?

"It makes sense because she's cold blooded," Josh snickered behind Ben.

"Shut up, Josh. Stop crying because I have better insults than you and because I do better cannonballs than you," I said, simply as I relaxed into my chair once I saw his annoyed face.

The rest of the group were beginning to sit down too. I moved to place my hands on the side of the roaring, orange fire, warming up. I blowed onto my hands and rubbing them.

Our class and the people who weren't supposed to be there had left, only the main group, Kai, Dylan, Mason, Chynna, and Georgia had stayed.

I heard a loud giggle in front of me which made my look up. Chynna and Damon were flirting like no one was around. He slyly put his arm around her with a smirk on his face. Gross. I could hardly contain my repulsed face.

"Ten bucks, they break up after two days," Ben whispered to me. He was grinning and nodded over to the 'happy couple'.

I shook my head, laughing. "They'll break up tomorrow."

Ben raised his eyebrows and put his hand forward. Without a second thought, I took it, the edges of my lips tugging upwards. Easy money. I knew Damon since elementary. Sure, he was Ben's twin but Damon always used to come to me for advice. He was only in it for the dirty.

"Can't wait for that ten dollars," I said, arrogantly whilst grinning, smugly.

"I can't wait for my ten dollars!" Ben countered.

I rolled my eyes, knowing that I would win. I had a tendency to win bets and Ben knew that, he just wanted to win once.

We still had a couple of running bets. One of them being who gets shouted at by Amalia first. We betted five bucks and fifty cents on that— that's all Ben had on him at that moment.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that, Benny Boy," I smiled. "I've already won three bets this week."

"I let you win the last one!" Ben cried out.

I gasped and sat up in my chair, my eyes wide. "No you did not! Damon threw up on you first because he sat next to you, you didn't sit next to him!" I accused, pointing my finger at him.

Ben opened his mouth to argue until he realised he was wrong and sunk back into his chair.

"I'm hungry!" Mason said before sighing loudly like a child. His hair was wet and sticking up in places.

"How about," Vic paused to pick up a large bag of marshmallows from under her chair, "S'mores?"

A wicked grin and bulging eyes came to Mason and Josh's face as they both jumped in excitement.