Chapter 6- Sixty Percent Of His Handsomeness

Chapter 6
Sixty Percent Of His Handsomeness

The bells of the school rang amongst the long hallways which were getting crowded at the second. I took a breather once I reached my locker. Today we were going camping. Vic and I were going to my house and then off to Amalia's. It turned out she was fine with letting more people join. There was a saying, the more the merrier.

Putting away my stuff into the tall blue compartment, I slammed the door and leaned against it, pressing my back again the cold surface. My eyes fluttered close so I could take a minute for my self.

It was more like a second because my sweet silence was taken away from me by a voice. A voice that I had only heard a couple times before. My copper brown eyes opened instantly.

"Hey, Hadley, right?" the one and only Kai had arrived by my side. I rolled my eyes at his deep voice.

"Haha," I let out a dry, fake laugh. I was clearly not in the mood. There should have been a sign on my face that said 'don't talk to me during school'. Maybe then, people could read something because clearly they couldn't read facial expressions.

I pushed off of the locker to look at him. His jet black hair sat on his head, just a strand fell onto his face, covering one of his piercing green eyes. How annoying. His black turtle-neck top hugged him perfectly at the waist which was paired with dark blue baggy jeans that seemed as if they were tailor made. On top, was a leather over-shirt that tied he look together.

"Not in the mood," I muttered and pushed my hair back before running my hand down my agitated face.

"Oh wait, Hayden? No, Hayley!" He said and a smirk was drawn on his face. Oh, how I wanted to punch that obnoxious smirk off.

"Ding, ding, ding!" I mimicked a buzzer in a bored tone. Where was Vic when you needed her?

"I'm kidding, Darling. I know how to associate a name with a pretty face," Kai remarked. He leaned his muscular arm against the locker.

"Listen here, Pretty Boy. I haven't eaten today so if you don't want me to go off of you then I suggest you leave because I don't hesitate," I announced and glared at him as his smirk grew when I called him Pretty Boy.

"Gotcha. See you soon," he winked at me as he fixed his leather shirt.

What? What did he mean by see you soon? There was no seeing him soon. After all, it was Friday and I wouldn't have to endure him for the entire week.

He turned a corner and I was left in the hallway, looking stupid and probably like a maniac. A couple steps behind me was Vic was standing there.

"Ready?" she asked and flicked her hair behind her shoulder. Her words took me out of my dumbfounded trance.

"Ye-Yeah," I stuttered.

Vic cocked her head with a confused look on her gorgeous face. "Why do you look like someone just told you Michael Jackson released a new album?" she retorted as her eyes narrowed.

"No, I don't," I defended. She just made a noise in disagreement. "Can we go now?"

We began to walk to the parking lot which was soon beginning to empty. The sun was scorching as it projected onto our skin. Spring was probably my favourite season because it wasn't too hot yet too cold. It was autumn currently, meaning it was going to be our last camping trip since winter was arriving. The swimming hole would freeze over around the beginning of November— well, by freezing, I meant a thin layer of ice. Nonetheless, it was as frosty in the winter and so, we had to make the most of it until summer came.