Chapter 3- Mashed Potatoes Or Green Beans?

Chapter 3
Mashed Potatoes or Green Beans?

The air cleared soon enough as I entered the hallway. School was wild enough today from everyone's rowdiness. I mean, come on, it was just three new boys. It wasn't much excitement, in my opinion.

I took a deep breath as I kept my eye on the floor, making my way over to my math class. We had an assignment on trigonometry and I was long overdue.

Only a few people lingered in the hallway other than me. It nice to be away from the noise, away from people for a while.

Well, that only lasted for a second.

A hand grabbed my shoulder, dragging me back. I almost fell backwards but steadied myself just in time. Looking over my shoulder, I saw Vic with a concerned look on  her face.

She placed her two hands on my arms. "Hey, where are you going? You rushed outta there so quick," Vic asked.

I pressed my palm to my forehead. "I'm sorry, it was so hot in there."

Unsurely, Vic nodded and linked her arm with mine. She pulled me along and began walking. "So, where are we going?"

I chuckled, leaning into her side. "Math class. I didn't do the trig homework."

"Who does?" Vic grimaced. A laugh slipped out of my mouth as we neared the math corridor.

"Shhh, he may hear you." I winked.

Vic brought her hand up to her mouth and mimicked a zipping motion on her lips. "My lips are sealed."

"Mhm."

"So, did you see the new guys?" She asked.

"Uh, no. I left before I could see any of them. Who even are they, anyway?" I was pretty curious about these three boys.

Such ordinary people who can make an out-of-the ordinary ruckus.

"They're transfers from a prep school."

Huh, that was weird.

We hardly ever got any transfers especially not from a prep school. They must've done something really bad to move here, all at the same time.

My mind trailed to the possible ideas of why they would transfer. Perhaps, they were very rude and the teachers couldn't take it anymore.

No, I was pretty sure that was illegal.

Maybe they all lived together and moved here.

But why would they move here is the real question.

Our school was pretty boring. Nothing happened much in our halls. That was unless getting to go home early occasionally was considered interesting. I didn't think that was in most people's interest.

What high schoolers craved for was drama.

And we wouldn't get that much here. The only sort was petty fights with the 'popular' kids.

"There's Kai, Mason and Dylan," Vic counted on her fingers, lingering on the last name.

"Yeah, the twins said."

"I don't know where they get this information from. It's like they sit on their phones, checking Instagram every five seconds."

"They probably do. When is the last time you've heard one of them not caught up with the drama?" I replied, scoffing.

She actually took the time to think. Her eyes looked up at the crumbling ceiling for a few seconds, contemplating her answer, and then back to me. "Never," Vic came to a conclusion.