Chapter 2- I Am The Superior Best Friend

Chapter 2
I Am The Superior Best Friend

"I'm going to kill you."

I chuckled at my best friend's empty threat as I loaded up my books into my locker.

Will and I arrived at the school pretty quickly and he left as soon as I parked the car. I didn't mind that at all because I had alone time to set my mind straight.

The second I left the car, I was tackled by none other than Victoria.

"That would actually be helpful considering I really do not want to be in school," I said to Victoria. She did not find my statement funny but I sure did. That's why I bit my lip to stop myself from a grin forming on my lips.

Victoria folded her arms, clearly not finding this funny. "Come on, Hayley. How can you not have watched Titanic yet?" She questioned me and turned to face me, closing her locker. She had a mock stern look on her face and made some hand movements for emphasis.

Yes, we were arguing over Titanic. It was one of her absolute favourite movies, she would not stop talking about it. And I meant not stop talking about it. Somehow she always found a way to lace her favourite tv shows and movies into any conversation.

"All my seventeen years of life, I have been super busy ok? I will for sure watch it," I assured her. It was true. Well, for the most part. It wasn't like i couldn't have watched it but i always forgot in the end. It was things such as taking care of my younger brother that occupied me.

In the door of my locker, there was a mirror. A small rectangular mirror was placed perfectly in the middle. I fixed my light brown hair while Vic continued to ramble on and on about Jack.

"He's so hot!" She exclaimed and then sighed and pressed her back onto her locker dramatically. She was so boy crazy. I was too, I never had a boyfriend but a girl could dream. I totally agreed with her statement. I mean, Leonardo Dicaprio was gorgeous. From his hair to his eyes and that smile. Wow.

Maybe I should watch Titanic, I thought.

I closed my locker and faced her. Her gorgeous curly black hair cascaded behind her and her gorgeous honey brown eyes was right in front of me. Her dark, velvety skin accentuated them perfectly. Vic was tall and stood with amazing posture. I, however, lacked in the posture department. She was like a limited edition barbie doll. She was perfect.

"If you excuse me, I'm going to English," I announced. I took a couple steps away as she said goodbye but I remembered something and turned round. "Make sure you don't cheat on your test this time," I warned her.

She said her eyes 'accidentally drifted over to the other paper'. We all knew that was absolute bullshit from her smirk that followed after her sentence. She was the most weirdest person I knew but that was all the more reason to be her friend.

She rolled her eyes but there was a smile on her face. She crossed her fingers over her heart.

I shook my head with laughter and continued walking backwards. That was before her eyes widened and a look appeared on her face. Her mouth opened as if to say something. I completely missed this as I was too busy falling.

It was like my whole life flashed before my eyes. I probably wouldn't have died. I was just really over dramatic. My clumsy self toppled backwards because I had hit a very hard wall.

Only, it wasn't a wall.

Instead, I was met with bright brown eyes staring back at me. "Amara!" I gasped in excitement and wrapped my arms around her.

That girl was my other best friend. She was Amara Kumar. I stuffed my face in her short wavy chestnut hair. She had the most prettiest light eyes which matched well with her caramel skin. She was very tall compared to me which was comforting when she hugged me.