Chapter 10- Deal

Chapter 10
Deal

The huge rows of ivy hung around the windows, tying it together. The bricks looked like they were crippling yet still held the entire mansion together. It was fancy and ancient-looking yet still had the hint of modern around me. The thing that stood in front of me was the Horowitz house. Kai's house.

In front of the house was an antique fountain sitting alone, only a few pieces of flowers accompanying it. The water looked clear as it flowed freely out of its spout and into its realm. I could feel the peacefulness radiating off of it.

It was either that or richness—

The area was quiet, only the dripping water and chirping birds to be heard. It was actually calming to stand there in the midst of all the rich area.

Kai hadn't been lying when he said he'd find my number. He texted me on Thursday night, just as I was getting into my bed. All he wrote was the address. Nothing else.

I didn't question it at all. Perhaps that was because he was always weird. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't have went if it wasn't for school.

Friday morning, I didn't see an inch of Kai which I felt was odd. I was wondering whether or not to actually go to his house. What if he was lying? What if he had changed his mind?

Hesitantly, my feet edged against the wide steps of the entrance of his grand house until I reached the front door. In the corner of my eye, there was a gold plated doorbell on the right hand side.

God, even their doorbell is fancy.

I pressed it and waited as I pulled my lip into my mouth.

If Kai gave me a fake address, I'm going to kill him.

I pushed my weight onto my heels of my feet as I played with the end of my top, panic building up inside of me. I was wearing a cropped white turtle neck top paired with baggy cream jeans with a black belt and white sneakers. I was regretting my decision of wearing a cropped top when no one was opening to the door.

What felt like an hour later and after a lot of anticipation of the murder of Kai, the door opened and revealed an average sized man with greying hair in a black and white suit.

"Hi, I'm looking for Kai Horowitz. My name is Hayley Campbell." I tried to put on a friendly smile.

"Ah, Ms Campbell. Come in, come in," He greeted me and stepped aside so the rest of the house could come in view.

The sight was...well a sight.

It was absolutely beautiful. The floors looked like they were stone and the walls were high, an assortment of paintings hung on the walls. They were intricate and looked like they all had a meaning behind them. I wanted to know more but alas, I was here for studying. My eyes wandered over to the staircase. It was grand and in the middle of the 'room' under the enormous chandelier.

"You may wait in the lounge for Mr Horowitz," The man advised me and I nodded. He led me to the room and I peered inside.

There was three couches in the room, all humongous and looked incredibly comfy looking. There was two armchairs in opposite sides of the room, facing a huge flat screen tv.

I looked back. "Thank you...."

"Edgar."

"Thank you, Ed," I smiled genuinely at his slightly shocked face which he tried to conceal. Ed looked like he didn't receive many nicknames so it was all the more reason.

"You are very welcome, Ms Campbell."

"Hayley," I corrected him.

They even had servants! How rich were they?