Chapter 9- In For A Real Treat

Chapter 9
In For A Real Treat

I pulled my sleek, fine and quite messy hair into a ponytail as quickly as I could while I stood in front of my locker. It was wide open and I checked for neatness before ultimately giving one big pull on the ponytail.

I was almost late for school this morning because Will had sat in the bathroom for at least thirty minutes to make sure that his hair didn't stick up all of a sudden. After all that gel, I would have expected it wouldn't move for the next year.

"Hey," Vic stretched out the 'y' as she walked up to me.

"Hi," I smiled and wrapped my arms around her. She held me in response and we pulled away after a little while.

"So," Vic started. "Christmas is coming up." She wiggled her eyebrows as she shot me a over excited grin.

I laughed at her actions. It was currently near the end of October and Halloween was soon arriving. "Halloween hasn't even passed," I mentioned as I shut my locker door. We started walking to our first class of the day.

"Okay?" She said but it was more of a question. Vic rolled her eyes. "Wanna have a sleepover at mines at the beginning of the Christmas break?"

I whipped my head at her and almost squealed. My smile grew instantly at her words. "Hell yeah!" I exclaimed and she nodded her head excitedly, her curly hair bouncing up and down.

Granted, we wouldn't have this sleepover for a while, I was by far buzzing at the idea.

There was no need to be this excited but Vic and I were quite over dramatic, therefore, we loved to over do things a little.

Every Christmas, we had a sleepover, whether it was my house or hers. We'd bring chips, chocolate, candy, pizza and basically anything that was unhealthy because it was a tradition. We'd stay up until very late and until sun was peaking through the drawn curtains of her bedroom window.

She rubbed her hands together and her eyes gleamed, I practically saw a twinkle shining. "We need to plan, can we go to your house to plan today?"

I nodded and then remembered, "We have forty days."

Vic rolled her eyes."It's never too early for Christmas," She let out a giggle before jogging away from me slowly.

Though I would have said say Amalia was the perfectionist in our group, Vic had her fair share. She was very productive- the opposite of me. I, on the other hand, was quite lazy and liked the spur of the moment.

"Very true," I agreed and shook my head in a laughing manner.

She began to pick up her pace and just as she was about to turn to head to class she  said, "I'm going to trig. You.." She pointed a finger at me with a stern look on her face. "Get to class."

Cheerfully, I put two fingers up to my forehead and saluted her. "Yes, Ma'am."

She held up a middle finger and turned to walk briskly.

Bitch.

***

I put my head on the hard table and rested my forehead on my hands. English was so boring and it was only the first five minutes.

I simply nodded my head and went back to writing in my book. As I kept my head down and imagined what I was going to do for my project. Five minutes into my thoughts, the door opened wide.

All heads turned to the noise in complete unison and I, too, looked. Of course, it was none other than Kai Horowitz. He walked into the room, a hand still on the doorknob. He was wearing grey joggers and an oversized blue sweater with the sleeves rolled up, showing his forearms.