Chapter 16- It's Confidence, Love

Chapter 16
It's Confidence, Love

As soon as we pulled up to the house, music blared into our ears. Lights could be seen flashing from outside. It was ear deafening. I was surprised that the cops hadn't been called but I had no doubt in my mind that they were gonna be called later.

We exited my car and walked up to the front door. It was open so we entered and behold, there were drunk teenagers dancing and having the time of their lives. Though we were in a hallway, that didn't stop the kissing, grinding and much more. I felt rather uncomfortable to say the least but a small part of me wished I had someone right about now.

Vic signalled to go over the living room which was the life of the party. Colourful lights of every colour I could have imagined flashed in my eyes. A strong scent wafted under my nose, I recognised it instantly, vague memories appearing in my mind. I watched as people poured various amber liquids down their throats. When I walked into the room, there was a group of teens that caught my eye with their heads bent over the table and intoxicating themselves before laughing and acting all giddy. There was a table next to them full of alcohol of different varieties. People were helping themselves and sharing drinks, making all different types of combinations and drinking away the past week. Behind that, I could see a bright blue pool with a couple people in, splashing around.

The nearest thing was to me was a couch so I immediately plopped down with Vic and Amara.

"Why did you make me come here?" I groaned, staring at people around the room, envy gliding off me as I gazed at people with their faces attached to other people's.

Amara laughed. "Because there's such a thing as the real world," She said. I knew that. I just didn't want to interact in it. I would have much rather experienced fictional romance than being sat in front of people gliding their tongues into other people's mouths.

"Exactly," Vic agreed with Amara. For a second, I thought I spoke out loud. "Now, don't you wanna dance?" Vic turned to me.

"No, not really."

She looked at me with her stupid puppy dog eyes, lips curled down and eyes softened. I sighed and was debating what to say. I mean, what was the point of coming here if not to dance? I stood up and Vic immediately giggled and jumped right up.

"Amara?" Vic turned to her with her hand out. Amara shook her head.

"Nah, I see Ben and I need to talk to him about our history project," She said, getting up to walk over to Ben who was talking to Mason. I groaned. If Mason was here, that could have only meant one thing.

It was very quiet but I heard Victoria mumble, "Traitor."

"I need a drink first," I told her and went over to the drinks table. I eyed the broad selection of alcohol sat in front of me on a rickety wooden table. I poured myself a shot of vodka and for Vic, a beer. I never was one for drugs but as for alcohol? I was a sucker. I couldn't pass up a good drink. I hardly drank but when I did, why not go for the good stuff?

Vic grabbed the drink and thanked me as she sipped from it. After my occurrence in the car, I definitely needed mine. I drank it and enjoyed the fiery liquid slide down my throat. I resisted the urge to cough as I hadn't drank in a while.

"Wait, aren't you driving?" Vic asked suddenly. I hadn't thought of that.

"Amara's not drinking so she can drive," I settled on that. Amara didn't like to drink after a specific incident where she drank a whole bottle and ended up kissing Damon. It was a horrid night. Victoria nodded. I grabbed her hand and walked over to the dance floor, dancing a little bit. I was only doing this for her because I was absolute shit at dancing to pop music which was currently blaring through the speakers.

"Not that I'm complaining, but what's up with you?" Vic asked.

"Huh?"

"A minute ago you didn't want to be here," She added as she swayed her hips around, her curly hair flying everywhere.

I took a sip from my drink and locked eyes with her. "Guess I needed a little pick me up." She raised her neatly plucked eyebrows which was kind of hard to see due to the odd lighting and giggled.

"I'll pick you up after this," someone said which made me jump and turn around. I clutched my heart only to see Kai grinning. It was inevitable that I would see him here,

Rolling my eyes, I said, "Shut up, Kai." 

He brought up his hands in mock defensive but I ignored him and continued to dance (well, attempting to, at least). However, when I turned around, Vic wasn't there. I scanned the room and my eyes landed on her chatting with Amara and Dylan.

Traitor.

Just as I was about to face Kai, I felt something warm hit my ear. His breath danced around the skin behind my neck. He was so close to me, I recognised the faint smell of mint but there wasn't even a hint of alcohol. I let myself stay there, his body right behind me but not touching me. "I guess you're stuck with me." I could almost hear the grin in his words. Frozen in the spot, I just listened to his words. To his voice. It was so smooth like chocolate. So raspy yet so delicate.

Perhaps I didn't move because I was a little tipsy. Kai certainly was enjoying this because I heard a tiny laugh flutter around my ear which finally broke me out of my trance.

"You're too cocky," I finally said something. I didn't even know why I said this but it was something about the way he spoke to me. Like he knew he always said the right things. Like he could never make a mistake.

"It's confidence, love," Kai moved away from my ear. I turned around and faced the cocky boy in front of me. He was wearing black jeans and a white tee. On top he had a baby blue shirt with two white stripes down the sides which was unbuttoned. The colours complimented his hair. I hated to admit it but he was looking really hot. This was me talking about his outfit-- of course.

He looked way better than me.

Right. I remembered what I was wearing and a wave of sorrow washed over me. I closed my eyes. The music was pumping in my ears and I wanted this feeling to go away. I opened my eyes instantly, my eyes just barely adjusted to the lights again before I fixed them on Kai.

"Dance with me," I said to Kai. I watched as his emerald eyes lost their demeanour and looked down at my outstretched hand. His eyes went back to mine as he took my hand. Granted, we weren't slow dancing but he led me over to a space.

His soft hand was still in mine as we reached a space. Eyes still on me, Kai grabbed my other hand and twirled me around. A surprised gasp left my mouth as I shook my head, laughing. We continued to push off of each other, dancing quite awfully, but it was way more fun than sulking alone. It was the complete opposite of how people around us were dancing. Arms flailed around in the sweaty air but here Kai and I were.

The song ended soon. "I'm getting a drink," I told him as I made a beeline for the drinks table. My throat was feeling a lot like the Sahara Desert when I grabbed myself a beer sitting in the cooler. I popped open the lid and began to head over to Kai who was sat on the couch. But when I turned around, I saw him. It just wasn't the him I was expecting.

He was crowding over the table with one of his hands placed on it. His dirty blonde hair was messily flung on his head, looking like a hand had been ran through it one too many times. Question was-- was it his hand? He was baring his sparkly teeth at me, lips curled into a smirk and his bright stormy blue eyes was projecting into mine. He was staring at me like he knew what he did. How it affected me. And he was back for more. His small smirk grew a little bigger. The same sinister-like smile I trusted. The last smile I was expecting to see. His lips parted open but I was not going to listen to him anymore. Not anymore.

If I thought my day was shit as it was, I had no idea what was coming.

After all, this was Ryder Samuels.

A/N YESSS CHAPTER 16 HAHA RYDERS BACK I KNOWW. Yall knew it was coming but I mean did you think it was now?

Also, I edited Hayley's fit. I hope it satisfies you!

Drink water, eat and watch Netflix (or stream illegally, whatever floats your boat).

Love,
Z~