Chapter 4- How To Crack An Egg

Chapter 4
How To Crack An Egg

The bell rang and I quickly tucked my stuff away into my locker, without a second's thought. The aroma of relief filled the hallway as the rowdy teenagers hurried to get home and away from the depressing building of anxiety.

Shutting my locker, I put my forehead on the cool hard metal. I was mentally preparing myself to pick up Will and go home. My eyes pressed shut and I took a deep breath.

Just when I was ready to leave, two voices appeared behind me, making me jump at least a foot in the air. I turned around with a hand on my heart to see, of course, Amara and Victoria. They both had identical smirks on the face which made my smile drop from my face.

Oh no.

"What?"

Amara raised a brow and reached her hand out. "Uh, ice cream?"

Right, I forgot all about my promise to treat them to ice cream if they went to class. It only occurred to me then that I was giving them a gift for something they should've already been doing.

What the hell was I thinking?

To be fair, I wasn't. I just didn't want to get a detention.

"Come on," said Vic, stretching the last word. "We know you want it. It'll make you feel better."

Vic was clearing talking about my run in with Chynna and she knew that ice cream was one of my weaknesses.

Amara's brow furrowed as she looked between both me and Vic. "What? What am I missing?"

"I'll fill you in when we get ice cream," I smiled.

Amara gave a toothy smile as she jumped up and down in excitement. The claps really added to it so I clamped both of her hands.

~

The drive was a little longer than ten minutes and consisted of Amara singing loudly to the radio, and if i may add, badly. She knew that she couldn't sing one note right but that didn't bother her. Instead, she yelled out her heart, whilst the wind blew her messy brown hair about and used her hand as a microphone.

Victoria sang a little bit of the background vocals to help Amara sound better, but to no avail. Even Harry Styles couldn't have saved that mess of voices in the car.

Finding it hard to drive by the distraction behind me, I reached for the button on my radio and turned the music down.

"Wha- Hey!" yelled Amara. I looked at my mirror so I could see her annoyed face. "I was sounding really good."

Rolling my eyes, I said, "Yeah, about as good as a dying cat."

Gasping, Amara sat up from the backseat and swatted my shoulder. I craned my head around, shooting her a look, before quickly turning back to the road. "Don't hit the driver."

"Don't test the passenger."

"Testing the passenger doesn't crash the car."

Her smile fell, slowly curling into a frown. She sat back and fell quiet. "Please," her voice was small.

Looks were deceiving and Amara's were a straight up lie. I wasn't falling for her bullshit. She had pulled this trick many times.

However, pity washed over me due to the awful silence. Mumbling a couple of curse words under my breath, I turned up the volume.

Both of them shot up and immediately started singing. Seeing my friends all giddy was contagious and so, obviously, I couldn't help but join in. And so, the rest of the drive was all of us shrieking out to the song Hurricane.