Chapter 12- Nice

Chapter 12
Nice

On Tuesday afternoon, I was waiting in the parking lot, my phone in my hands and the anticipation of going shopping with Kai ahead of me. After pestering him for a while yesterday, he gave in. He was a little late but I wasn't planning on holding that against him.

The clouds were filled in the sunny sky. I propped myself against the brick wall near the cars as I waited.

I was being to get really impatient when another five minutes passed. I was fiddling with my thumbs when I realised most of the cars had left.

I made Will go home with his friends and I went to school with Amara. Now, I was regretting that decision by the second. That way, if Kai didn't show up, then I'd have to walk home. I was going to be really mad if that happened.

After another couple of minutes went by, his lean figure arrived. "Hey, loser." Kai was walking in front of me and passed me, leaving me to follow him.

"Shut up, stupid," I retorted as I caught up to his side. He didn't acknowledge that last part but continued to stroll to his car. "Why were you late?" I questioned him as we walked side by side.

Hey, if he was going to be late, the least he could do was answer my question.

He must've been deciding whether or not to answer me. "Just sorting out matters," He responded, short and sweet. Odd.

As I was about to pester him for more information, he halted to a stop. In front of him was a Harley parked near a couple trees. Nothing else near it.

"Where's your car?" I asked as I looked around at the empty parking lot.

Kai smirked as he walked away from me."Who said anything about a car?" He got up and sat on the motorcycle. I eyed him as he turned it on with a loud rev.

I stood still in my position. I had never ridden a motorcycle. Kai tapped the empty space behind him. "Come on, Love. I don't have all day."

I crossed my arms as I put my weight on my hip. "I'm not getting on that!" I protested.

Kai mumbled something to himself before turning his head to me. "You won't fall off. You can have the helmet." He picked it up from his side and showed it to me.

I shook my head, still on the same position.

Kai sighed and placed it on his head. He tapped it and said, "Fine, suit yourself. Walk home."

He revved the engine a couple times and before he could drive off, I let out a aggravated sigh of frustration. "Fine!" I growled.

Grumbling, I walked over to sit on the bike. Kai turned around to face me. It was as if it was in slow motion, he pulled the helmet off of his head and shook his head, his soft black hair flowing around his eyes before he placed the helmet on my head, his fingertips brushing my face. It gave this feeling which I couldn't quite put my finger on but I brushed it off as soon as it came. Once it was on, he kept his gaze on me. I felt like I was under a spotlight when his eyes were staring back at mine. Feeling fidgety, I cleared my throat which broke him out of his trance and I finally got to breathe when he turned away.

"Put your arms around me." He noticed my doubtful look and added, "I don't bite."

After a couple seconds of mentally debating, I wrapped my arms around his torso. It was lean and I swore I could feel his abs through his shirt.

"I mean unless you want me too," He finished with a wink which led me to untangle myself from him.

"You're disgusting," I groused, looking away from him.