Chapter 34: I'm Not Him

No, this isn't a mistake, this is a brand new chapter so soon after the last. Thought I should come by and give my faithful readers a nice Christmas gift. 

Don't say I never gave you guys anything

**********

Eli...

The pews in the church were packed. The light shining through the stained glass windows highlighted the guest in their wedding best. The purple theme could be seen in everything from the decorations and flowers, to the little pillow the ring bearer held in his tiny hands.

Iris looked beautiful. Everyone's eyes were on that massive dress of hers as the two said their vows. The atmosphere was calm, smiles were present everywhere. Iris and Alex professed their love while tears were falling down their faces. Anyone could walk in and think that this was a perfect wedding.

The hours leading up to this moment though would paint a totally different picture. It was, what we would call, a hot ass mess.

First, the people who were hired to decorate the church were late. Guests had to stand outside for almost an hour before they could get inside to take their seats. It wouldn't have mattered if the guests were seated on time anyway because half of the bridesmaids and groomsmen had arrived late. Plus they were taking forever to get ready. Then we got a call from the caterers, saying something had somehow gotten lost on its way over to the reception hall at the hotel.

Then there was the thing that I wasn't allowed to speak of ever again.

Alex having cold feet.

Well, frozen would have been a better word. While the guys were getting ready, he locked himself in the room, and refused to come out. We all tried talking him down, but he didn't listen. He kept questioning if he was doing the right thing. It had gotten to the point where I was going over a speech on what I should tell guests when the wedding was called off.

But in the nick of time, uncle Bernard showed up and demanded he be let in the room. Ten minutes later Alex was dressed and heading to the altar. I have no idea what was said to him, but it was enough to make him stop questioning getting married.

Throughout all the drama, mistakes, and stress, all I could think of was Kendra. If this was our wedding, I would deal with a late wedding party and missing food if it meant I was marrying her at the end of it all. At first, the thought of even marrying her was surprising. I didn't even understand why those things wouldn't matter to me either. But I didn't take long to figure it out.

I love her.

Yes, I said it. I love her.

It was a shocking realization, but it was a welcomed one.

I knew my feelings for her were getting stronger and I had tried my best to keep them at bay. I didn't expect to feel this way this early.

As much as I still felt Alex and Iris were going way too fast, I now understood where they were coming from. How could I wait to be with someone I felt so strongly about?