Chapter 35: Walk of Pride

Eli...

I groaned groggily as the sleep began to leave my body. I switched positions to my stomach, hoping to get comfortable and fall back asleep.

But I couldn't.

My sheets felt different. So did my pillow and my bed.

I opened my eyes and was met with the lens of my camera on the nightstand. A nightstand that wasn't my own. The couch I spotted in the corner wasn't mine either. Hell, I didn't even have a couch in my room. But the trousers, carelessly thrown across that conch, was definitely mine.

I felt movement on the bed and I slowly turned to look on the other side. I was met with the peaceful sleeping face of Kendra.

That's when it all hit me.

The wedding, the confession, the sex.

The sex.

A smile snuck it's way to my face as the thought of the things we did last night crossed my mind. The way her body reacted to my every touch, the sounds that left her mouth at my every motion. Man, I couldn't wait to process and frame the pictures on my camera. I still can't believe she let me do that.

I reached out to gently stroked her cheek and watched as her eyes fluttered open at my touch. At first, they widened, probably as surprised as I was that I was in her bed. But then I watched as she too remembered the events of the night before and looked away shyly.

"Good morning," I smiled before leaning over and kissing her forehead.

"Good morning," she answered looking up at me.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Good. What about you?" She asked, then eyes widened a bit in guilt. "I didn't kick you did I? I tend to do that sometimes."

I chuckled, "No, you didn't. Was so worn out from our activities..." I smirked before placing my lips on her exposed shoulder, "...I slept like a baby."

A sigh escaped her lips as mine made its way to her neck, then chin. Her hand went to my head, stroking it gently.

It didn't take long for me to be settled between her legs while they were wrapped around mine. Our hands were everywhere as our mouths attacked each other. My excitement built as the thought of having sex with her again ran through my head. But that excitement was short-lived when she heard the house phone ring.

She groaned as she reluctantly pulled away and tried to push me off of her as she untangled herself from me.

"It could be Kyle," she said, realizing I didn't want to budge.

I sighed in disappointment as I got off.

"Don't be such a baby," she playfully slapped my arm before running out of bed and grabbing a robe on the back of her door as she left the room.

I sat up and took the time to finally look around her room. I was way too distracted last night to see what it even looked like.

The walls were her favorite color, blue. All the furniture looked like it belonged in Buckingham palace. Almost every picture in the room had Kyle in it, from when he was a baby to now. I noticed the one I had gifted her for Christmas too.

I was about to get up and explore some more when she came running into the room. She tossed over the jacket and shirt I had discarded in the living room.

"You need to leave!" She said as she walked around the room in search of something.

"What? Why?" I asked.