12 | The Taunts

The Taunts

The Taunts

Standing on the grass and surrounded by a canopy of trees, There was a treehouse, floating up in the trees among the leaves.

"Come let's go" Avinash broke Amelia from her trance. They walked to the tree that carried the weight of their treehouse. Amelia climbed up the ladder first, followed by Avinash. Avinash was behind Amelia, cautious. He didn't want her to fall down and hurt herself.

"This is beautiful"

"It is"

The brown coloured tree house stood proudly so high up in the air. The house had a trunk and a wooden bed in it. Despite looking old, it was really strong. Avinash walked up to the trunk and opened it to see the contents.

The trunk had a number of toys. He took each one of his toys in his hands and examined them. Although they were pretty old and had the dust settled on them, Avinash could still recognise each and every one of them. Each one of them had some special memories attached to them.

Amelia sat beside him and touched them, lightly, not wanting to break them. Avinash smiled nostalgically looking at them.

"These were my favourite toys. I used to play with Maa with them" Amelia smiled at him, taking the toys in her hands.

She took a monkey which clapped when the key attached to its back was rotated. She filled the key and rotated it to see if the monkey was still working. The moment she left the key, the Monkey started clapping, loudly.

Avinash and Amelia laughed loudly looking at the idiotically clapping monkey. Amelia walked up to the little window in the tree and the look through the window was mesmerizing.

"Beautiful, Isn't it?" Avinash spoke out and Amelia nodded. Avinash stood beside Amelia. A very strong urge to rest her head on Avinash's shoulder passed through her mind. Amelia didn't hold herself back.

She rested her head on Avinash's shoulder and took a deep breath, sniffing his scent. Avinash followed her and rested his head on top of her hand. The tranquility of the moment was overwhelming in a good way.

They were enjoying the treehouse visit, suddenly, when Avinash noticed a movement on the ground and he pulled Amelia away from the window. Amelia's heartbeat raised with the sudden movement.

She kept her palm on her heart to calm herself down. Avinash kept peeking through the window. She nodded her head asking Avinash about his sudden movement. Avinash pointed towards a figure on the ground.

Sally was standing there shouting Avinash's name and trying to find him. The treehouse was Avinash's secret place. He didn't want anyone to find that place until and unless he wanted the person to know.

He wanted Amelia to know his favorite place. He often came to the treehouse, to clear his mind and have peace. This place, these toys had special memories attached to them. They were close to his heart. Coming here, somehow, made him feel closer to one of his two mothers, Malti.