17 | The Friends

The Friends

The Friends

Every girl wants a father who would save her, protect her, a father who would be there on the sports day and annual function, hyping up his daughter, a father behind whom his daughter would run and hide, knowing that he would save her.

Even Amelia wished for a father like that but all she ever got was a money-minded father.

Brad and Mark were the real reason. Mark practically sold his daughter for money. Brad and Mark made a pact that their off-springs would be married off to one another to merge the companies. The marriage condition was there to prevent any one of the family from getting fortune all for themselves.

Matthew on the other hand wasn't exactly sure about all this but because Brad had the ownership of the company he couldn't exactly do anything. Over a period of time, Brad had tried his best to make Matthew like himself, a racist white man.

Brad's brainwashing created an invisible wall between father and son. He infused poison against Avinash in Matthew's mind. Matthew, despite knowing Avinash started believing what Brad said. Matthew had many relations to work on after Cadence's.

Mark, however, was a money-minded man with an equally money-minded wife. Amelia's anger on her parents increased a bit every day. When they sold her, she started hating them.

After the heated argument between Amelia and Mark, Avinash took Amelia to the park to cool her down and help her. Amelia lied down on the grass, in the sunlight, closing her eyes. She wanted to forget that she had a family before marriage because that family didn't consider her one.

Amelia had loved her family dearly, accepting her flaws and knowing nothing could change them. Even Ivy. At last, blood is thicker than water. But recent events forced to change her mind. After these many years for the first time, she didn't feel like she loved them or cared for them.

She just wanted them to stay away from them. Possibly forever.

Her thoughts diverted from her so-called family to the Verma family. They were the one who actually made her realise what a real family is. Celebrating festivals together, eating together, joking around and caring for each other. Not money and being jealous of each other.

"I want to meet Nani" Amelia spoke out of blue. Avinash's eyes widened at her request but nodded nonetheless.

"We can go tomorrow at seven" Malini was the best person with great experience and motherly figure, who would help Amelia take her mind off.

"How did you meet Noah?" A knowing nostalgic smile took over Avinash's features as he thought and spoke about his best friend.

"Kavya and I went to the same high school. In my freshman year, I was often bullied for my weight but Kavya would always save me. Suddenly one day, Mama said he had to send Kavya to boarding school along with Naitik, as their family was having financial troubles and they didn't want the kids to be affected by it. I was left alone in the school. It was hell for me until one day Noah started talking to me. He sat beside me in my chemistry class. He was one of those popular kids but didn't really care about anyone"