24 | The Culprit

The Culprit

The Culprit

Amelia cried in front of them. Cadence Matthew and Avni however don't give any reaction. She was repeating things incoherently. No one was able to understand her. Avinash hugged her and tried to calm her down.

"ARE YOU HAPPY NOW, AMELIA?" Ivy came out with her crocodile tears. She was wearing simple clothes and that was very unlike her. Amelia's parents came running outside, giving her a disgusting look her. Mark stated consoling Ivy.

Amelia's blood boiled. She freed herself from Avinash and slapped Ivy as hard as she could. The impact made Ivy stumble back. She covered her cheek with her hand and retaliated. She raised her hand on Amelia but couldn't hit her as her hand was held by someone in mid-air.

"Don't you dare" Cadence threatened Ivy.

"Even when you saw the photos and you still believe her? Mom, dad look" Ivy started complaining. She had successfully manipulated her parents into pitying her.

"Cadence, what-" Lauren started but was cut off by Avinash. Avinash didn't want any wrong accusations on her wife.

"It was Ivy, those are her pictures. She Morphed Amelia's face on her face" Avinash spoke out. Amelia retreated back towards Avinash, wanting to feel safe. Avinash was the only one who could make her feel safe now.

"I don't believe this, Ivy could never do this," Mark said. Mark had always taken Ivy's side, sidelining Amelia. Just like her mother. That is the reason he wanted to sacrifice Amelia for the business but not Ivy. She was the apple of his eyes but in a very wrong way.

"And I could?" Amelia's words left Mark wordless. She was tired of her father. She could never get a father who would save her but the one who always blamed her for everything. She wondered how she was able to tolerate him.

"That can be seen," Ivy spat out.

"Ivy, you know being elder one means you have more of experience but in our case more of the brain too"

"What are you trying to say?"

"The pictures you morphed, you forgot to remove your tattoo. I don't have any tattoos but you do. It can be seen in the pictures too" Ivy's eyes widened in realization. She realised she made a blunder.

"Yes, Amelia is right" Avni took out her iPad and showed the zoomed-in picture where Ivy's tattoo was clearly seen. Ivy covered her arm, where the tattoo was carved out. Mark and Lauren were astonished. They didn't expect this from their favourite daughter.

Ivy was Amelia's younger sister. Their body shape was alike. That is the reason the pictures seemed so read with Amelia's face. All the pictures were of Ivy and Asher, deliberately taken and morphed to bring down Amelia's respect. Amelia didn't listen to them. They wanted revenge on her. She had everything Ivy ever needed and imagined.