15 | The Storm

The Storm

The Storm

There was an unsettling feeling in Amelia's gut. Even Avinash felt restlessness. Today was rather a slow and lethargic day as compared to others. The day seemed uneventful and boring.

But working in Matthew's cabin, Amelia and Avinash could hear unusual noises from the office on their floor. They were confused at first but thought that the employees were just joking. When the noise didn't stop they decided to go out and see for themselves.

All the employees on the floor were gathered around someone. The floor was a commotion and chaos. Avinash and Amelia looked at each other in confusion. It was when Brad cut through the crowd they got to know what was exactly happening.

"You are back" Brad proudly said and hugged his grandson. Brad looked happy. The employees had a mixed reaction. Some looked happy, whereas some looked shocked and eager for the tea.

His grandson was smiling at him, wickedly. His green eyes were scanning through the crowd to find a certain someone. When his eyes laid on that certain person, he smiled creepily towards her. He walked towards her while she clutched Avinash's arm with her hands.

"Avinash"

"Asher" Avinash acknowledged his younger half-brother. He was skeptical of his arrival and intentions. Looking at his bond with Brad, it was never going to be a good thing.

"Amelia, you look beautiful" Asher eyed her from head to toe. It made Amelia gag in disgust. The man in front of her disgusted her and made her skin crawl.

"I don't think I could say the same for you" Amelia snapped harshly. Asher was not fazed by her at all.

"Feisty, Love it" Asher smirked. He couldn't simply take the hint. He loved, really loved stealing what Avinash deserved. He wasn't a brother Avinash thought him to be.

"Where did you go, Asher?" Avinash asked his brother, warning him to stay away. Amelia may be, were to marry Asher, but she didn't. She married Avinash. Avinash was her husband now. Asher had no rights over her whatsoever.

"Somewhere" He curtly replied not wanting to disclose his whereabouts.

"Amelia, I think it's the time you decide to divorce him and marry Asher" Avinash stiffened visibly. However, he didn't stop them from talking at all. If Amelia were to leave him, it would be her decision.

"She married him!?" Asher referred to his brother disgustingly. Asher always considered him better than his brother. Despite getting good grades and being amazing at business, Avinash was considered downgraded in comparison to Asher, just because Asher has a lean physique.

"Yes, I married him and won't be leaving him for someone like you" Amelia snapped at him. She was furious. She hated the guy in front of him with everything in her. Asher and Brad had mistaken her to be the girl who cared about the looks.