26 | The Birthday

The Birthday

The Birthday

"I told you I do not want anything" Amelia reminded Avinash for the thousandth time but it had absolutely no effect on Avinash.

It was Amelia's birthday the following day and Avinash wanted to do something for her. He was hell-bent on celebrating her birthday at its best. He asked Amelia a number of times if she wanted anything but Amelia had denied it every time.

"But I want to give something to you" Avinash pouted, making Amelia laugh. She got up from the chair and sat on Avinash's lap, pecking his pout lightly.

"Mia, we're in the dining hall" Avinash reminded her. Amelia being Amelia didn't listen, she just rested her face on Avinash's shoulder and wrapped her arms.

Amelia and Avinash had progressed a lot in their relationship. Amelia loved being always stuck to her husband. Avinash was no different, however, he was hesitant as this was all new for him, while Amelia did have two boyfriends before.

"Can you keep your romance to your bedroom please?" Avni walked on them when they were in a very comfortable position. Avni had seen them hugging and kissing around the house many times, this was the new normal for her, Cadence, and Matthew.

Avni had come home for the Christmas break early. It still had around fifteen days for Christmas.

Avinash just scrawled towards his little sister and Avni walked out sticking her tongue out at him, while Amelia just laughed at them. Soon, Avinash and Amelia walked to the backyard where the dogs were busy playing.

Spotting their parents, they came running and booped them, licked them before running off to play again. Amelia and Avinash sat on the chair at the least used place of the Mansion, the pool area.

Life was peaceful with everyone out. Brad no longer lived there to create any kind of problem. Sally left and was no longer traceable after her embarrassing confession. Asher was out somewhere to mend himself up. Ivy, Mark, and Laurie were also gone for good. They did try to connect to their daughter but Amelia needed time. She couldn't bring herself to even talk to them again.

"Mia, are you sure you don't want-" Amelia was tired of this question. Instead of denying she nodded her head.

"You know what? I will think about it and then ask? Okay?" Amelia was bluffing. Avinash knew it. He didn't agree on this easily; he just nodded his head.

"You have two weeks, you will have to ask for something" Avinash raised his hand for a 'deal' handshake. Amelia looked at the hand and raised her eyebrow. She got up from her armchair and landed on Avinash's lap. Once again. Like always. She kissed him and he didn't pull back.

"We'll see"

*****

"Avi, where are you taking me?" Amelia whined again. Avinash had blindfolded her before taking her special somewhere. He took her hand and gently guided her to the path they were going on.