21 | The Anger

The Anger

The Anger

"WHERE IS EVERYONE?" Brad shouted in the living room. Brad got to know the news of Matthew handing over his position to Avinash and Amelia. He was very mad, very mad. Asher told him quite many things about the day before's the party.

Last night, Cadence had returned to the Kaufman Mansion. Avinash was over the moon but Matthew's decision was still hard for him to digest. He was overwhelmed. After many twists and turns in the bed, Avinash and Amelia were able to sleep.

"COME OUT NOW!" Brad shouted once again. Avinash and Amelia came down in their sleepwear. Amelia's hair was a disaster, she just got time to straighten out her yellow night suit. Even her eyes were half-open. She leaned on Avinash for support, she was half asleep.

Matthew and Cadence came out after about half a minute, all flustered. They had a pretty amazing night. Cadence quickly just put on her gown and Matthew wore his shorts and came out. Asher was already seated on the couch.

"What happened?" Matthew asked in a hoarse voice. He wanted to spend the rest of his retired life with his wife and not listen to his father shouting. He was tired of dealing with his father's shit.

On the other hand, Cadence was barely considering herself. She was really happy when Matthew came after her and worked hard to earn her. But coming home to Brad's arrival was something she never thought. Brad was the reason for her troubles. He made her a homewrecker.

"You are asking me what happened? How dare you give everything to him? Huh?"

"Calm down, Dad. Whatever I do is not your business. You should be busy at your home with all your mistresses than be here" Matthew spat out. All of Matthew's anger was coming out today.

"NOT MY BUSINESS? It is my business-"

"Don't you dare say it. When you handed me my position all you left was debt and angry employees. I know how much I had done for it" Matthew threatened. When Brad handed the business to Matthew, it was all dismantled. No employee was willing to work for them. They all wanted to be paid off their dues and leave the business. It was because of Matthew, the employees accepted the offer to work again.

"That's not true" Brad tried to deny and change it.

"Oh, it is father. I had to spend sleepless nights and work to bring the business back on track. And about Avinash. He is the one deserving, not your favourite grandson, who is a cheater"

"Is this how I raised you!?"

"I would have been happy today if you raised me like this. You instead manipulated everything and made me a guy like this"

Amelia's eyes opened up due to all the shouting. She tried to straighten herself but Avinash didn't let her. Avinash wrapped an arm around her and she gladly leaned into him.