E | The Spouses

The Spouses

The Spouses

"I don't understand why you had to hit that boy Shivani, I don't know what to do" Amelia yelled at her five-year-old toddler, keeping her hands on her waist, standing near the stove.

Shivani on the other hand, looked down at her feet holding her hands together. The toddler was terrified of her angry mother. She sniffed making Amelia realise that she was crying.

Amelia's eyes softened for a moment but she could not let herself lose. If she did not teach her daughter good values now, she surely could not teach her when she grows up. Amelia was about to say something but Avinash walked into the kitchen.

He kissed Amelia's cheek and kept his hand on her big baby bump. He turned his head to find his daughter crying, who was hidden because of the table. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Amelia.

"What happened?"

"Ask your daughter" Amelia yelled and wiped her hands, leaving the kitchen after turning off the stove.

"Shivu, what happened to my little girl?" Avinash cooed and the little girl came running towards him and hugged his leg, crying. Avinash picked her up and wiped her tears with his thumb.

"What happened Shivu?"

"Papa, maa shouted?" she shuttered a bit, gulping audibly.

"Why were you a bad girl?" to his Shivani frantically shook her head.

"Papa, Victor is a bad boy. I am not"

"Will you tell your papa what happened?"

"I was playing and Victor threw toys mine and called you fat. So I punched him." She said sniffing. Avinash's heart soared with multiple emotions and he kissed his little girl's forehead. He was trying to calm down Shivani when clarie came running towards them.

"Look even Claire does not want you to cry" he bent down on his knees, when Clarie licked both of their faces, lovingly. Clarie was a mother too, she considered Shivani one of her puppies. Shivani giggled at Claire, making Avinash smile at her.

"Is Shivani happy now?"

"No papa, maa not like me" she said with a cute frown on her face.

"No baby, maa loves you. She doesn't want people to call you bad girl. She wants you to be a good girl"

"But what if-"

"You will not hit anyone okay? Let them say anything, it's not true" Shivani started thinking, keeping her finger on her chin and tapping it.

"Okay"

"Promise?"

"Pakka promise" she smiled and got down from Avinash's arms running off towards the living room.