22 | The Photographs

The Photographs

The Photographs

"Nash, Nash" Sally was trying to wake up Avinash. She entered their room to see Avinash and Amelia's tangled body. Her face turned red because of anger. She clenched her jaw and fists and tried hard not to yell. Thankfully, they were still fully dressed, relieving her.

Listening to her voice, Amelia woke up, turning the one disturbing her sleep. She opened her eyes and blinked a few times to adjust her vision. Sally was glaring at the half-asleep figure of Amelia. Amelia sensed her and an uncomfortable feeling crept up her stomach, making her frown.

Sally raised her hand to touch Avinash and shake him awake but Amelia held her hand, shaking her head, she jerked Sally's hand away, not allowing her to touch her husband. Sally was here to ask where exactly did they go when they visited the shelter the previous day.

Amelia and Avinash spent a lot of time in the treehouse just talking and talking. They talked about everything and anything. After coming home, they had their dinner with the family, minus Sally, Brad, and Asher. They straight plopped into the bed after giving the dogs their night kisses and cuddles.

"Let him sleep" Amelia whispered not wanting to disturb Avinash. He was pretty tired after everything. Avinash made it pretty clear last night that he wanted to sleep a lot. They were yet to exactly start working on their new positions. Avinash wanted to sleep and get a lot of rest before going back to work.

Sally glared at Amelia and demanded her to get off the bed, especially Avinash's arms, and talk to her. Amelia was trying to make Avinash leave her but Avinash instead tightened his grip on her. He just wanted to sleep.

"Hmmm" He made a noise from the base of his throat, bringing her body close to her. Avinash loved sleeping with his wife. He never knew he needed all these sweet little things. He didn't believe he deserved those things.

"Later" Amelia mouthed Sally and slept on her previous position, stealing Avinash's warmth. Sally had to leave but she didn't leave the room without passing Amelia a disgusting look. Amelia could careless but she didn't rule out the possibility of Sally causing trouble for them. She was cautious about her.

Amelia wanted to sleep a bit more but her dogs came rushing into the room. They jumped on the bed, liking their parents' faces, forcing them to wake up.

"I'm up, I'm up, Claire" Avinash spoke. Claire had her favourite. That furry little great dane girl loved her father a lot. Amelia didn't mind it because Cooper considered her as his favourite human. Amelia however was determined to stay in bed.

"Who wants cuddles?" Both the dogs howled and cuddled up to their parents. Avinash chuckled at his wife's antics. Amelia was about to slip back into her peaceful sleep but the knocking at the door disturbed them.

"Come in" Avinash gave permission to the person. Amelia thought that it was Sally again. Her mood soured but the people who entered managed to lift up her mood.