28 | The Weight

The Weight

The Weight

"Mind telling me why you didn't eat your lunch today?" Amelia asked standing in front of her husband, who was diving into the files to avoid things around her.

"I forgot, I was busy"

"You're lying" Amelia was not ready to buy anything. It was almost six and Avinash had not eaten anything since morning.

Avinash just shrugged his shoulders.

"Avinash, I know why you are doing this, you better stop this" Amelia was referring to the incident a few days back.

"Mia, I need your help" Avinash called Amelia while she was pacing around the room doing some work.

"You know you can tell me when I'm working right?"

"But I need you here" Avinash whined like a little baby. Amelia could not ignore his whines. He was too cute! Amelia sighed and sat next to him.

"What happened?"

"Promise me you won't say no?"

"I'm not giving you any promises"

"Don't you trust me?"

"That's the only reason, I am not giving you promises" Amelia gave Avinash a pointed look and Avinash sighed. He knew that It was of no use to coax her.

"I need your help to lose some weight" Avinash gushed out and Amelia got up, narrowing her eyes on him.

"And why is that?"

"I don't like when people look at all of you and then at me-"

"No!" Amelia did not let him finish.

"Huh??"

"No Avinash, I am not helping you to do anything like this!"

Avinash was trying to lose weight, that is the sole reason he skipped his lunch. Amelia had reassured him many times but Avinash was not ready to hear anything. Sometimes the inner demons were stronger than reassurances.

Avinash was adamant about losing weight while Amelia was adamant to prevent Amelia. Amelia did not like the fact that he was losing weight for people.

"If you do not eat now, I will call Nani" Amelia gave him a knowing smile. Avinash narrowed his eyes at her and looked into his files again. Amelia took out her phone and faked dialed Malini.

"Nani, I-"

"I am eating," Avinash yelled.

Amelia knew him too well.

*****

"Avni, Are you in there?" Avinash knocked on Avni's door. Avinash came to ask her for Avni's help.