12

She looked up hoping to see that handsome and well sculptured face... she still saw a handsome face, that she did not want to see.

"Hey Daniel." Kia forced it out as Vee elbowed her side.

Vee waved, "I have to go, keep her safe." with that she was walking towards the same direction they had come in.

"You look irritated, is it something I did?" Daniel asked with a slight chuckle.

Hell yes! I was under the impression that Skip came to apologize for what he said yesterday. Malakia thought.

But she only smiled and shook my head, "No, no. It's not you, I'm just a bit tired and I have a killer headache from last night." She lied through gritted teeth.

"That's a relief, I mean not that you're not well but-"

"Breathe. I understand." Kia  laughed watching his face go from caramel to crimson.

"You must be wondering why I got Vee to call you here." He said kind of waiting for an answer.

Malakia just stared at him expectantly and crossed her arms.

"Well, I wanted to know if you'd like to join me for ice cream. Right now."

Kia giggled, "Will you wait for me to change? I can't be seen like this." Malakia gestured to her very poor choice of clothing.

He smirked and licked his pink lips, "I'm not complaining. You look fine."

Kia slapped his arm and laughed. "You'd think that cause I have almost my whole ass out."

"Alright then, my car is this way. Let's get you changed and continue our date."

"Date?" Malakia turned to look at him.

"It's not a date? "

"That's right."

----------------
They were parked near the skatepark sitting in the trunk.

"Why did you order double banana scoop with chocolate syrup and Jelly beans?" Malakia asked amusingly watching Daniel munching happily on his odd choice of ice cream.

"This is out of this world amazing! Wanna try it?" Daniel asked shoving the ice cream cup in Malakia's face.

She grimaced watching how the different Jelly beans colors clashed with each other around the yellow and the brown.

Kia screeched, "Get this out of my face. It's disgusting!"  Daniel laughed.

After a while, ice creams were long finished and the duo were sitting in silence just looking at passerbys.

"Aren't you supposed to be arrest?" Kia asked suddenly.

Daniel turned with a confused look just to end up laughing, "Baby I ran, but my father is the captain there so he just got rid of it."

"Misuse of power ." Malaika said with a head shake.

"It happens."

It was during their conversation that Daniel's phone beeped.

"Oh shit. I forgot I had to pick up somethings. Wanna come with?"

Before Malakia could respond Daniel just pulled her arm, "No, you're coming."

Once seated Malakia turned to Daniel, "Where are we going?"

"To pick up some of my things."

----
Daniel was kind enough to give Malakia the aux.

They drove to an unfamiliar neighborhood, it was rather a rundown area. Grafitti on almost every wall. It was just an area that you would most definitely not feel safe in.

"Where are we?" Kia asked looking around. She felt like she was rather walking alone than in a car with another person.

Daniel shrugged, "Oh, we're in Trench Town."

Malakia snapped her head from the locals who were looking at the passing car to the driver of the car.

She has heard of Trench Town, not good things at that. If anything she was told to avoid Trench Town at all costs.

Oh if only her mother knew where she was right now, she'd be on the first flight back to Florida.

"Are you crazy! Do you not know how dangerous this place is?"

"Stop acting boujee Kia, I've been here plenty of times. Relax would you? I slept at Skip's place last night and he's leaving right now so I need to pick my things up."

We're gonna see Skip! Malakia tried her hardest to fight the big grin that she was spotting right now.

Malakia bit her bottom lip and muttered, "I'm not acting boujee."

Daniel parked the car in front of a rather nice but also prehistoric housr. It was a double story home painted yellow and red, surrounded by trees.

The front door opened revealing Skip.

He was wearing a black tank top with black jeans and white Nike Airforce 1s.

Daniel stepped out of the car.

Malakia watched from the car as they did their signature handshake and Daniel said something gesturing to her.

It was only then that Skip realized that they had company. He nodded his head in a form of greeting before turning to Daniel with gritted teeth.

"What in the hell is she doing here!?"

"What do you mean? I told you I'm on a date and I'm bringing her with." Daniel said looking back at Malakia who was on her phone, obviously oblivious to the situation.

"It's her!? Daniel we never bet on her. Come on, her brother is almost out friend."

Daniel glared at Skip, "I want her, I'm gonna sleep with her and you and Jo are gonna give me my 5 dollars. Her brother is your friend not mine."

"You can't use Malakia man, she's pure-"

"That's exactly why I want her. What more can a man want rather than bragging rights that he was a girl's first time? Can I get my clothes now dad? If you're done interrogating me."

Malakia is a virgin. Skip panicked.

Daniel said pushing past a seemingly horrified Skip, "Daniel you're sick." He spat as Daniel walked past him.

"That's very high coming from you."