09

It was around 10pm when Kia stumbled up the jam packed stairs to find the bathroom.

Vee had abandoned her for Mersa, which she understood, but she just wished there was somebody who'd show her the way to the bathroom.

"You look lost." She almost had a whiplash trying to find the source of the voice.

It was the guy she had seen with Mersa and Skip earlier.

She nodded meekly before giggling.

She remembered him a bit, he had a curly fade, was dark skinned and was lanky.

"Baby, you're drunk out of your mind." Daniel chuckled trying to hold Kia steady.

Kia fell forward and Daniel caught her and carried her to the bathroom.

He sat her on the toilet seat and gave her a wet towel to wipe her face.

Malakia suddenly leaned forward and emptied her insides on her top and the bathtub before her.

Daniel was quick to hold her hair back and comfort her.

"Shh, it's fine. Don't cry."

After what seemed like hours of cleaning up the mess Daniel held a staggering Kia to his bedroom.

Kia was sober enough to see clearly and hear the moans coming from the room next to theirs.

"Take off your shirt." Daniel said standing in front of an alarmed Kia.

"B-B-But-"

"Not for that reason! I just wanted to give you a spare shirt because yours is stained."

Under the dim bedroom light Kia noticed how good-looking he was so she disregarded his request for her to take her shirt off and pulled him down with his shirt to meet his lips.

"Just stop!" Daniel pulled away in disgust and turned to rummage through the dark oak drawer.

Kia began to sniffle.

I'm so stupid! He thinks I'm loose, he probably won't ever look my way. Malakia thought in fury trying to wipe away her tears.

"Wear this." Daniel said throwing a blue hoodie at Kia before turning to look away from her.

----------

Daniel and Malakia were having a lit conversation (all that happened upstairs was long forgotten) when Skip walked down the stairs with the girl from the dancefloor.

Even though she was foreign to Kia, she was no fool understanding what had happened when the girl walked down the stairs trying to fix her tight dress.

Daniel sighed in defeat before handing Skip a five when he walked passed them.

"And that was?" Kia immediately asked when Daniel settled back into his seat.

They were sitting near the kitchen entrance on a couch.

"Bro code, can't tell you." Daniel said with a smirk drinking out of his red solo cup.

Malakia chuckled and shrugged before she was tackled from behind.

It was Jacob. Oh boy was he drunk?

Ever since the party began she only saw people she has never seen before.

"You're drunk!" Malakia exclaimed as Jacob burped in her ear and laughed away completely ignoring a confused Daniel.

"Well sis! They don't exactly serve fruit juice in there." Jacob said laughing before some guy came and whispered something in his ear which had him flying to the kitchen.

Their conversation went on and on until they began flirting.

Next thing they knew their lips were brushing against each other's.

Suddenly there was noise coming from outside. Noises of cars and people screaming and feet stomping.

"Run!" Daniel pulled away and pushed her towards the kitchen door where people were pouring out of.

She didn't even know why people were running away.

Confused, she made it outside and ran around like a headless chicken trying to go everywhere with everyone.

Then she saw it red and blue. The police.

Her minded drifted to what Vee had told her when she was choosing an outfit: "You might wanna wear sneakers, they are comfortable and easy to run with."

She was about to run with the group that jumped the fence when somebody grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the other side of the house.

She noticed the birthmark on the person's left hand's knuckles.

Skip.

She watched as he easily climbed over the wall into the unknown house and signalled for her to hold on and helped her over the wall.

"Shh, hop onto my back." Skip whispered.

Malakia was too scared and too confused to ask why like she always would, so she did as told.

Skip secured her legs around his waist before running towards the front yard in full speed and jumping over the gate.

He ran and ran down the road until the house wasn't in sight anymore.

"You can put me down now." Kia said.

"Thank you, now what was that? You invited us to this party knowing well something like this is bound to happen?"

She started getting infuriated when Skip glanced at her and shook his head.

"Just be glad I saved you. You almost ran away with those idiots who are going to get arrested."

"Be glad!? Are you fucking-"

She couldn't speak as she was fighting the urge to moan into Skip's mouth.

Soft lips, intoxicating scent and a left hand around my neck.

Malakia's insides turned mush.

Skip pulled away before diving back in with force this time.

His hand travelled down to squeeze her butt and the other to her neck.

As she moaned he wasted no time thrusting his tongue into her mouth.

"S-S-Skip..." Kia stuttered as Skip attacked her neck.

"Never cuss again, it doesn't suit you." Skip said kissing her forehead.

Bipolar much? Malakia thought trying to wrap her head the fact that Skip just kissed her.

"Let me take you home." Skip said pulling her flush against his side as they walked down the street hand in hand peacefully.