11

A hangover is a reminder of everything you shouldn't have put in your drink the night before.

The smell of crispy bacon lurked in the air, but today it didn't make Kia eager to go downstairs and have breakfast, instead it made her throw up.

Right where she had been sleeping since coming back from the party, on the toilet seat, in yesterday's clothes.

Vee walked into the bathroom looking just as smashed as Malakia.

Vee grimaced before reaching for her toothbrush.

"Okay but last night was lit!" Vee exclaimed from the basin, that action caused Kia to let out a whine.

The only thing that was running through Malakia's mind was that one line: "I hope you weren't thinking that we're going to be an item."

She gagged harder as she thought about how embarrassing she was the night before and how Skip threw those heavy words so lightly. Like he is used to doing it.

"I saw you drowning those shots like you drinking tap water." Vee commented with her hands on her waist.

Malakia wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and glared at Vee, "Congratulations."

--------------
The whole house was watching a movie - minus Jacob who was on the phone with Aaliyah - when Vee suddenly got a mysterious call from "Brianna" who wanted to go out for ice cream and wanted to meet Malakia.

Malakia was half asleep on the recliner, a bottle of water cradled in her arms.

She was shook awake by a smirking Vee

I don't like this, plus I'm hungover. Malakia thought quietly slipping on her sandals as she allowed Vee to pull her away from the living room.

Once they were out the front door Vee turned to Kia and let squealed, "Somebody from last night wants to meet you!"

Malakia's POV

Skip!

But it can't be.

That tiny voice at the back of my head was pushing away each and every single glimmer of hope in me.

I looked at Vee quizzically.

This girl must be crazy, I'm not going out with booty shorts and a tank top. On top of that I have a damn hangover.

"Are you dumb? I'm practically not wearing anything!" I pulled at Vee's arm as she pulled me out the iron gates.

She turned so fast, I swear I heard her neck snap.

"Shut up will you? You look sexy, he's gonna love you either way."

On some days seeing without my glasses was the same as looking for a needle in a haystack. So I squinted to get a better view of who it might be.

I just saw a lot of blurry figures just moving about.

I just listened to Vee rave about the night before as she dragged me down the street. It had a nice vibe.

The grip she had on my arm! The blood circulation clearly stopped.

"Hi Vee, Hi Kia.", my steps halterd and I squinted to the source of the voice.