16

🔞

The black 1971 Ford Thunderbird turned and they were greeted by a sign: WELCOME TO OCHO RIOS.

They had been on the road for over an hour after dropping Jacob off.

They have been silent the entire drive, not the awkward silence but rather peaceful, only exchanging fond looks here and there.

Nobody needed to know they left the town and went to Ocho Rios instead.

"You're beautiful." Skip had said when they parked outside the restaurant where he had made reservations.

Malakia's face went crimson before she waved her hand in the air, "This is the 5th time you tell me and as much as I love getting compliments from you I also don't like having to be seen blushing like a middle schooler at-"

Skip has leaned over the center console and captured her lips between his.

They pulled away and Skip laughed, "I hate it when you speak incoherently."

"Hush." Malakia pouted and turned away from Skip.

"Aww, come on little munchkin. Let's get you fed." Skip said stepping out of the car.

"M'not a munchkin..." Malakia muttered folding her arms in front of her chest when Skip opened the door for her.

"That's right, you're my Empress." Skip said helping Malakia out of the car.

Kia beamed and looked at the restaurant.

Jam-Fusion Restaurant & Bar, it read.

It was around 3pm on a Wednesday, but it wasn't packed, although there were people outside.

"Hi, reservations under Marley S." Skip said when they got to the desk.

Malakia looked at him in confusion, she knew he was a Marley but could it...

"Right. Please come this way." The waitress said leading them to the table a bit far from the others.

"Here's your menus I'll be back later to take your orders. Please do take your time." With that she was gone.

Malakia pinned Skip with her eyes. She looked closer, she could see resemblances.

Skip gave her a weird look and furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?"

"What were you doing in Cuba?" Malakia asked placing the menu aside.

Skip shifted in his seat and cleared his throat, "I was promoting... my-"

"Your album, you are the legendary Bob Marley's grandson!" Malakia exclaimed and her hands quickly came to cover her mouth.

Skip scratched the back of his neck, "I thought you knew that."

Malakia's shocked expression was replaced with an angry one.

"Ahem! I hope you're ready to place an order. What would you like to have ma'am?"

Malakia didn't respond, she just kept her eyes on Skip who shuffled to give the waitress back the menus.

"She'll have rum punch, for starters she'll have chilli fried calamari and jerk chicken and curry shrimp."

"Alright, and you sir?"

"I'll have frozen lemonade, crunchy salad greens and rasta pasta."

"You'll order will be out soon."

Skip sighed as Malakia shifted her glare and shook her head.

"Baby I'm sorry."

Malakia looked at him and shrugged.