17 - The End

Three Weeks Later

That morning when the alarm rang Malakia didn't kick off her sheets, she just groaned, switched it off and pulled the covers over her head.

She had been feeling a little weird since last night so she spent the whole night on FaceTime with Skip.

"If you don't get out we're gonna be late."

"Jacob do you not know how to knock?" Malakia said kicking off the covers and sending death glares at Jacob.

Jacob's face softened into one of concern and he walked in and closed the door.

"Are you okay? I mean you look like shit." He said sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Well thank yo-" Malakia dashed into her bathroom.

Hearing gagging sounds Jacob hurried after her. Pulling a face he helped her pull her hair back.

"Thanks." Malakia crooked out, sat on the bathroom counter and reached for her toothbrush.

Jacob became even more concern when he noticed how pale she was and the black rings around her eyes showed lack of sleep.

"What's up with you? Should I call mom to make you an appointment with Dr. Richards?"

"No, I'll be fine by tomorrow. Just go, I'll tell Yasmin to take notes for me.

"Alright, but call me if you need anything." Jacob said kissing the top of her head before turning to walk out. He then stopped on the doorway, "And I mean it."

Kia waved him off and tried to smile.

What the fuck is going on with me? Malakia thought looking at her reflection in the mirror.

------------------
After taking a bath and tucking her self in, Malakia was awaken by her phone vibrating next to her.

Incoming call from ❤️Yas...

She only sighed and turned away from it. A few minutes after closing her eyes her bedroom got kicked open revealing a sweating Yasmin.

Startled Kia sat up and gave Yasmin a confused look.

"Nuh uh. Don't look at me like that, I've been calling you!" Yasmin exclamed throwing her bag on the bed before following suit.

"Wh-"

Yasmin gasped taking in Malakia's appearance, "Girl you look like shit. Honestly. I got a call from Jacob saying you won't be coming in, but I ain't got it from you so I tried calling you and you don't pick up. So I came."

"I can see you're here but who the hell let you in?"

"I let myself in, with the spare key. Now back to the real question. What's wrong?" Yasmin said kicking off her shoes and getting in bed with Kia which resulted to her rolling her eyes.

Talk about making yourself at home, so typical. Malakia thought watching as Yasmin innocently smiled at her.

"Dunno Yas... just been really nauseous since last night. Plus I have this killer headache."