15

The phone vibrated next to Malakia, grumbling she reached over and switched it off.

"Poor Skip, he's calling for the 5th time now."

Malakia was quick to sit up and hurriedly punched in her pin.

Missed FaceTime from ❤️Yas
2 Text Messages from ❤️Yas
Missed voice call from ❤️Yas

Malakia glared at Vee's reflection in the mirror which only cause her to laugh.

"It's only 8, I thought you might want to get up cause we're going out for breakfast." Vee said applying a red lipstick.

"Victoria! We got here after 5am and you wanna wake me up for breakfast at 8?" Malakia whined pulling the covers over her head.

"Oh so it's Victoria now? Wake up, I'll run a bath for you."

Malakia groaned as Vee ripped the covers off her, then she remembered her midnight conversation with Skip.
She grinned at Vee before jumping to her feet and running to the bathroom.

---------------

"Mason are you ready to go back to Florida?" June asked Mason who was sitting across Vee.

They were currently having breakfast at a restaurant Ronald owns.

"I've been ready since the day I stepped off the plane." Mason commented earning a look of disapproval from his mom.

June gave a somewhat fake smile before turning to the rest of the group.

"It's no doubt that Malakia and Jacob actually enjoyed their stay here." Ronald commented winking at both of them.

Kia and Jacob turned to each other with one question in their heads, What does he know?

Jacob nodded and started a conversation with Ronald.

This is it. Malakia thought. She took a deep breath and set her utensils down.

"Can I please go out this afternoon. I promise to come back before midnight."

"You want to go out alone?", that was the first thing that came out of her dad's mouth and she knew that was an immediate "no."

"Well...I'm going out with a friend and-"

"She's going out with me and our friends." Jacob said next to Kia.

She sighed in relief when their father chuckled and waved his hand in the air.

"I thought you were gonna ask to go out alone. It's fine, but before midnight, right?"

Jacob and Kia looked at each other and smirked.

In unison they confirmed, "Before midnight."

----------------
"Where are you going?" Jacob asked squinting his eyes at Malakia who was making sure she looks perfect.

"I should be asking you that." She said turning from the vanity mirror where Vee was doing her makeup.

"It's Skip isn't it?"

Kia looked at Vee through the mirror and smiled.

"It's Aaliyah isn't it?" Malakia asked with an eye roll.

Jacob didn't respond, he just squinted his eyes at the pair and walked backwards out of the room.

"Anyways, are you ready for your date?" Vee had immediately asked once Jacob was out of earshot.

"I don't know. I want to see him, I do, but I'm just nervous."

As if on cue her phone beeped, it was a text from Skip.

From 😍❤️Daddy:

I'm outside. I can't wait to see you. xx

Malakia rushed to get her slingbag and was out the front door.

Luckily their parents were out for the afternoon, meaning Vee had to stay behind with Mason and Poochie. Maybe with Jo-Mersa but their parents don't need to know that.

She rolled her eyes when she found Jacob already in the front seat. She beamed when Skip stepped out the car to greet her.

"Hey baby." Skip said lowly in her ear and wrapped his arms tightly around her waist

She got goosebumps between her thighs. It was not what he said but rather how he said it.

He knew the effect he had on her, he noticed her reaction and smiled.

"Shall we go drop your brother at Aaliyah's and enjoy our date?" Skip muttered leading Kia to the backseat.

"We shall." She said smiling up at him.