chapter eighty-three

elianadempsey: yeah this is ben's flannel no i didn't ask before taking it yes i have at least five more no i won't return it12,533 comments

12,533 comments

"eliana." peter's voice came through the phone. "where are you?"
"sad."
"i didn't ask how you were. i asked where you were."
"i'm being sad in my bed." eliana's voice was muffled by her pillow. she was still wrapped up in the same flannel she had worn the day before.
"why are you not being sad at the gym?"
"because i'm too sad."
peter sighed. "what are you sad about?"
"ben."
"what about him?"
"i miss him."
"i know."
she sat up. "i just wish i actually had time for him to come here. we've been apart for longer than this before, but knowing that he's not busy is just killing me, honestly."
"i'm sorry, eliana." peter checked his watch. "why don't you take the morning off, and come in at three?"
"okay." she sniffled, and the sleeve of the shirt fell past her hand.
"alright, see you later, love."
"bye, peter." she sighed and stared at her phone for minute before calling a different number.
"hey, sweetheart." ben's voice made her smile immediately.
"hey."
"aren't you training right now?"
"no, i-" she sniffled. "i'm taking the morning off."
"how come?"
she laughed half heartedly. "i was just kinda sad this morning. i miss you."
"oh, ellie." he frowned. "i miss you too. you know i wish i could fly out, but you're so busy. i'd just be a distraction."
"yeah, i know." she nodded. "i'm sorry, i just wanted to call. i wanted to hear your voice."
"don't apologize, sweetheart." he said. "i always love hearing your cute voice too."
she giggled. "thanks. i love you."
"i love you. call me whenever, you know that." he said.
"of course. bye."