chapter eighty-six

elianadempsey: honored to be competing with these talented ladies💗🇺🇸comments are disabled

comments are disabled.

ben chewed his lip nervously as the camera switched angles to zoom in on his girlfriend's face.
"here she is, the princess of the uneven bars, eliana dempsey. she's starting out on her best event, and we're told she has yet another new routine for these trials."
she chalked up her grips and ran her thumb over the initials lightly penned onto the leather strap: BC.
"we've seen some very impressive performances from her at the last couple meets, and she's proving to be incredibly consistent this year, even with her constantly changing routines.
she clapped the excess chalk off of her hands, and sprayed the bar. peter took the spray bottle and high fived her.
"there's coach peter carlisle, only 27 years old, and coaching not only one, but two of the best gymnasts in the world."
the judge's light turned green, and eliana smiled while she saluted.
"come on, ellie." ben muttered.
"you need to relax." his dad said. ben shushed him as she jumped up to the bar.
"gorgeous handstands, as always. her execution is flawless. and here's her favorite release, right up to the high bar with that shaposhnikova. and, oh, that was a nabieva release, just beautifully laid out. now, she was doing a nastia liukin dismount at pan americans, i wonder..."
eliana flew off the bar and started to twist. her feet hit the ground like a bag of cement and stuck there. she held her breath for a second, then threw her hands up, smiling as wide as she could.
"ladies and gentlemen, that was a triple twisting double back. it's never been done in competition before, but eliana dempsey stuck it like a stroll in the park. stunning."
the crowd roared, and peter lifted her back down to the floor.
ben's jaw was on the ground.
"a good start for dempsey, with a score of 16.3 on the uneven bars!"
lola grinned and hugged eliana as she tried to take her grips off.
"okay, okay!" she laughed.
"do you get any more talented?"
"i get more tired. i need to sleep."
"three more routines." lola giggled.