chapter one hundred + four

glenncookphotography: the youngest gets married today

glenncookphotography: the youngest gets married today. i couldn't be happier for these two kids. #aboutdamntime #kissthecook

peter knocked at the door just as eliana zipped up her dress, and she hurried over to get it.

he smiled happily. "you look beautiful, love."

"thanks."

his expression suddenly turned serious. "i just want to make sure-you really want me to do this?"

"yes." she said, placing a hand on his arm. "you're the closest thing i have to...you know. you're family, peter."

"i know, did you-"

"i asked my mom. she thinks it's a great idea. sam doesn't want to."

"okay." he grinned, and held out his arm. "i guess it's time for us to go, then."

eliana took it and smiled softly, trying to quell the butterflies in her stomach.

ben stood at the altar, nervous as the processional music started to play. he took a deep breath, and sky put a hand on his shoulder.

"you got it, man."

the doors opened at the back of the sanctuary, and eliana closed her eyes as she and peter walked in. tears immediately came to ben's eyes at the sight of her. she looked angelic in a beautiful lace gown that lightly swept the floor as she came closer. she smiled uncontrollably while wiped at his eyes, and peter went to sit down. ben gripped her hands as tightly as he could, and she just looked into those shining blue eyes that she fell in love with.

they shared their first dance to "just the way you are" by billy joel, all eyes on them as they rocked back and forth slowly. ben's chin rested just on the side of eliana's head, and he whispered softly to her. "hey, ellie?"

she looked up at him. "yeah?"

"i knew."

"what?"

"i knew from the second i met you. i thought to myself, this girl is gonna be my wife, whatever it takes."

she took in the way the soft fairy lights reflected in his eyes, and smiled. "i love you so much, ben tyler cook."

hours later, after a lot of dancing and just a few (too many, for sky) drinks, they ran down through a tunnel of sparklers, surrounded by the people they love. ben started the car and looked over to her.

"you ready?"

"more than ready."

ellie

ellie.cook: boy you got me helpless
comments are disabled.