CHAPTER 5 | HE'S MY DATE

HE'S MY DATE | 05

June walked into the bustling restaurant wondering how Noah-a guy born with a sliver spoon in his mouth knew about such a common and lively place. He scanned the place and scurried his way towards Noah who was looking at his phone.

"Hey," June greeted, he pulled the chair opposite to Noah and sat down.

"You came," Noah gave June a charming smile and slipped his phone inside his pocket.

June smiled back, "Of course, I came." He was unaware of the effect his smile had on Noah's heart.

Noah cleared his throat, "Do you like the place?" he paused, "I picked it."

June blinked, "Oh you picked the place yourself?"

Noah nodded.

"Huh," June grunted,"I thought-"

"Mr.Weng?", a disembodied voice called.

June whipped his head at the familiar voice and his mouth hanged open.

"M-m-mrs.Lan?," June shuttered, "What are you doing here?"

Mrs.Lan raised an eyebrow, "This is my family business," she folded her arms against her chest, "I thought you were on a date."

"I..." June trailed off, silently cursing Noah for choosing a place like this.

Why didn't you take me to one of your fancy restaurant?

Noah watched June look like a deer caught in a headlight with amusement dancing in his eyes. After a moment of silence, he decided to help June.

"I am his date."

June and Mrs.Lan looked at Noah, with different expression on their faces. Mrs.Lan looked confused and June was now as red as a tomato.

June looked at Mrs.Lan expecting her too look disgusted and kick them out of her restaurant but he was surprised to see her lips stretched into a wide smile as she looked at him and Noah.

"Oh my!" Mrs.Lan squealed, behaving like a schoolgirl which was different from her appearance, "Mr.Weng you should have told me you don't swing that way!"

June felt blood rushing through his cheeks and ears. He looked down. The floor was starting to look very interesting.

Mrs.Lan looked at Noah with a smile, "Enjoy your date! I will bring some free drinks. It's on the house."

Two tables down a couple were having their dinner date. Lea was holding the menu too high infront of her face, her eyes squited as she looked at her boss and his date.

"Lea," her boyfriend called giving her a wary look, "What are you doing?"

Blake released a sigh when his girlfriend didn't answered him. He followed his girlfriend's gaze and when he saw her boss, he raised an eyebrow.

He looked sharply back at her, "Don't tell me you are breaking up with me!"

Lea looked at her boyfriend as if he grew an extra head, "What are you on about?"

"Why are you eyeing you boss so intently?", Blake demanded, "Don't tell me you are in love with him."

Blake trust Lea with all his heart, although at first he threw tantrum like a kid when Lea said she had became one of the most eligible bachelor- Noah Zang's personal assistant.

Lea had bluntly reminded him about her pay which was going to help them in the long run. Five years had passed there was no rumours involving Noah and Lea. But now that his girlfriend was eyeing her boss so intently Blake immediately started having doubts. But who could blame him? Noah was one of the most eligible bachelor with money and looks.

Lea kicked her boyfriend's leg, "No you dummy. He is on a date! Look!" she hissed.

Blake winced at the kick but looked back at Noah, "He's with a man," he spoke blankly as he watched June and Noah.

"I know!" Lea squealed, "My boss was so cute when he asked about where to take a man on a date!"

Blake looked back at his girlfriend, glad she was not in love with someone else. And also happy for all the guys whose girlfriends are fangirling over Noah Zang the most eligible bachelor who turned out to be gay.

"We are also on a date," Blake pointed out.

"Well, you are on a date," Lea scoffed, "I am spying my boss."

She looked at the man her boss was with. He looked much shorter and smaller than her boss. Those baby face didn't helped him look any older.

A perfect bottom, she drooled. He looked perfect for her boss.

Blake sighed at his girlfriend's fujoshi-ish action and continued eating his hot pot.

Meanwhile, June and Noah were bickering.

"Why did you say, you are my date?" June demanded. His face was still red from embarrassment.

Noah gave June an innocent look, his grey eyes wide "I was just helping you."

June pursed his lips and folded his small arms against his chest, "I thought CEOs are usually cold hearted and act cool 24/7."

Noah frowned, "What do you mean?"

June shrugged, "That's what chick flicks says."

"How did you know I am a CEO?" Noah asked with gritted teeth. He didn't want June to know about him because the news of his engagement will eventually be released. Noah somehow didn't wanted June to know about it.

"Noah Zang," June said, "The name sounded familiar. You are marrying my ex girlfriend."

"What?", Noah asked, not believing his ears.

June smiled, "Clover Xiao the only heir of the famous Xiao company. She was my girlfriend. After she told me about the to be engagement, we broke up."

Noah licked his lips, his mouth suddenly dry. He didn't knew what to think about this all situation. Does June hate him because he is going to marry his ex girlfriend? Will he cut ties with him and never talk with him?

"I..." Noah rubbed the back of his neck, "I am sorry."

June let out a short laugh, "It's okay. It's not your fault."

"Don't hate me, please."

June blinked. He watched Noah fidgeting. A soft smile played over his plump lips. He reached out to hold Noah's hands which was big compared to his, he gave it a soft squeeze, "You are my friend. I could never hate you."

Noah felt his chest clench painfully and somehow, he did not hate it.

He looked at June who had already removed his hand and was now eyeing the hotpot the waiter bought. June's beautiful face brighten up immediately as he picked his chop sticks and started eating.

He really does look happy.

[Male lead's favorability point towards June Weng + 5 current favorability points: 20%]

💍💍💍

PLEASE VOTE MY POOR SOUL NEEDS TO BE MOTIVATED.

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

This story is complete and I am just editing it. I think, I have said that haha. I am currently writing part 2. It will be posted after part 1 (Walmart Rings) is over.