CHAPTER 3 | SUNSHINE SMILES

SUNSHINE SMILES | 03

June frowned at the virtual screen which showed a blue and red dot together. He flew towards his destination and saw that Seth was in his human form and was talking with Coral.

Seth saw June from the corner of his eyes and secretly smiled.

June started casting good luck spells over Coral as he ignored Seth’s occasional smile. June was doubtful that Seth was trying to be friendly and smile at him. He was sure Seth was up to something so he made sure to cast some more stronger good luck spells he had learned.

As soon as he was done, Coral let out a shout of surprise. Coral and Seth were walking through a building which was under construction. A large block of brick had nearly hit her.

“Coral!” Seth exclaimed, immediately faking his concern, “Are you okay?”He gripped her arms and pulled her against his chest.

Coral blushed slightly at their closeness but quickly nod her head. Seth secretly looked at June and smiled.

June just looked back at him flatly.

Seth insisted they talk with the person in charge of the construction and tell them to be careful next time.

After they were done, he offered Coral to get something to eat to clam her shocked nerves.

June rolled his eyes at the fake concerns, Seth was showing to an obvious Coral. He followed them to the ice cream parlor.

June ignored the way how suggestively Seth was eating his ice cream whenever they caught eyes.

“I have been encountering so many bad luck’s recently,” Coral sighed.

Seth smiled kindly.

“Everyone has bad day, it will pass,” he promised.

Coral nodded.

As they talked Seth kept glancing at June who was talking with a blue colored angel who was next to their human.

The angel flung his arms around June’s shoulder as June laughed heartily at whatever the angel had said.

“Seth? Are you listening?” Coral asked, as she waved a hand over Seth’s face.

Seth pulled his eyes away from June and looked  at Coral.

He smiled.

“I am sorry, I just got distracted,” he said.

Coral shyly smiled as she tucked her blond hair behind her hair and looked at Seth through her lashes.

“Thank you for being with me.”

In the original plot this was where the male lead develops feelings for the female lead, for the first time.
However, now all Seth would think was how June’s hair was of much more beautiful shade of yellow than that of Coral's.

“I will always be there for you,” he said. He didn’t meant the word but it was true. He would be with Coral until the day she dies. Until the day he kills her.

Coral's heart skipped a beat at Seth’s words. She flushed lightly and nodded her head.

[Female lead's favorability rate for male lead 10+ current favorability rating : 40%]

June looked at Seth’s direction when he got the notification and frowned when he saw them talking closely with each other.

“Aqua I gotta go,” he said to his friend. Aqua's baby blue eyes followed June’s gaze. Aqua immediately scowled when he saw Seth.

“Is that a demon with your human?” he asked.

June nodded.

“But it’s okay,” June quickly assured, “I have dealt with death demons before.”

“Still.” Aqua gritted. His arms around June’s shoulder tighten when he caught Seth’s eyes and Seth just send him a smirk, “You have to be careful.”

June smiled at Aqua.

“You also take care of yourself. Your human is one of the clumsiest people, I have ever seen,” he chuckled.

Aqua rolled his eyes, “He was so graceful and careful in his last life. I miss it!” he complained. He looked back at his human and as if on cue the clumsy guy had dropped his ice cream on the table.

Both June and Aqua watched silently as the boy got flustered when one of the waiter came to help him.

“At least he met his soulmate,” Aqua scoffed. As he watched the tall and handsome waiter, wipe the ice cream from the table whistle waving away his human’s “sorry's”.

“They have been together for eons right?” June asked. He watched the waiter blush slightly when the clumsy guy pushed his glasses up and grinned at him, when he had offered to buy him another ice cream.

“Their past life was a mess. I felt like a failure,” Aqua shook his head.

“They were in a war, Aqua, of course, it would end badly,” June said with a sigh. Through the memories, the old owner of the body was with Aqua that time. The two lovers died, hugging each other in a nuke attack. Two soldiers falling in love during the world war was not going to end well. They were in Japan at that time. Both of them had died in the nuke attack in Nagasaki.

Aqua sadly watched the two humans talk. June hugged Aqua from behind.

“At least they will be together now,” June comforted him.

Aqua smiled weakly, nearly melting in June’s warm hug.

“You are right.”

On the other hand, Seth watched June hug the blue winged angel. He gripped his ice cream cone a little too hard when June hugged the blue winged angel. The blue angel looked like he had wanted to kiss June for a moment

I met him yesterday and already kissed him. He mentally sneered. As if Aqua heard him, he turned to look at Seth.

Seth just smirked and Aqua glared back at him.

Seth licked his ice cream when June came back to Coral’s side.

Seth casted a barrier over June and him. The barrier could freeze time for those outside of it.

“How did your talk with your boyfriend go?” Seth asked.

“We are fucking tonight,” June easily said.

Seth licked his lips at the imagine of a flushed June with his hands cuffed over his head. Panting and withering with bite marks all over those soft looking skin.

“Whatever you are thinking, stop.” June warned folding his arms over his chest.

“Can I watch you guys?” Seth asked.

June let out an incredulous laugh.

“You are unbelievable,” he said with an amused smile.

Seth sucked in a sharp breath.

June’s golden eyes seemed to shine brighter when he smiled. The dimple that popped on the left side of his face only made him look more cute.

Satan's soul, he even smiles like the sun.

[Male lead’s favorability towards June Weng + 5 current favorability rating 10%]

Editing is so tiring, gah!
I am jamming to Taylor Swift's Seven and BTS's Life Goes On.
What's your guys fav song rn?