CHAPTER 6 | NINE QUESTIONS

NINE QUESTIONS | 06

"This is so nice!" June said as he stretched and flopped on the park bench.

Noah chuckled and sat next to June, "Walks like this always refreshes your mind."

After their dinner, Noah offered for a walk around the park. They had been walking for twenty minutes, enjoying the cold autumn air and the crunches of those dry orange leaves which was scattered around the path.

June breathed in deeply and nodded his head, "You are right, I feel so refreshed, right now."

Both of them stayed quietly, the distant chattering of people in the park fading into their ears as June and Noah enjoyed the silence between them.

Noah glanced at June, and his smile widen immediately, June's butterscotch hair was wind tousled and those blue eyes looking darker under the streetlight. His plump lips were playing a small smile and Noah had the sudden urge to run his thumb over the lips.

How can someone look so good?

[Male lead's favorability point towards June Weng +5 current favorability points 25%]

June looked at Noah and caught him staring at him. He smiled and Noah looked away his cheeks truning red.

"Noah, let's continue our game from last time," June said.

Noah raised his eyebrows, "What game?"

"You offered to play ten questions when we first met, you remember?",
June asked.

Understand dawned Noah's handsome face, "Oh."

"We already asked a question each so, we have nine questions left, you wanna go first?", June offered.

Noah nodded and rubbed the back of his neck, "How...how did you and Clover met?"

"We were classmates during high school," June easily answered, scanning through the previous owner's memories, "She asked me out. Later she confessed that it was love at first sight."

"Can't blame her," Noah said under his breath. June was good looking. Who wouldn't fall for him?

"What?" June asked, not hearing Noah.

Noah shook his head, "It's nothing. Your turn, ask me a question."

June pursed his lips, "You are the youngest son of your family but isn't it the oldest who actually inherits the company?"

Noah shrugged, "My older brother Chris is one of the board members and the head of the design department," he took out his phone and scrolled through the gallery. Noah showed a photo of his brother to June.

A tall man around his late twenties was smiling back at June, he looked exactly like Noah, handsome, tall and muscular with hallow cheeks and a jaw that could cut wood. But Chris had blond hair and dark eyes.

"He's Chris," Noah said and looked back at the phone.

He then showed June another picture of a man who was smirking at the camera, the man looked exactly like Chris but he was not muscular. He was lean and tall, he was wearing a white tank top. His left biceps was overed with tattoos of dark roses which reached to the nape of his neck.

"He's Jason.Chris and him are twins. But Jason isn't interested in the company, he has a band."

June nodded his head in understanding. The pervious owner of the body had no information about Noah, "So you got the company?"

Noah locked his phone, "Well, you could say that."

June looked at Noah, "Your turn."

"What do you think about man liking man?", Noah asked with a straight face.

June blinked, "Yo- you mean what I think about gays?"

Noah nodded intently.

June shrugged, "I see no harm in loving whoever you want," he gave Noah a knowing smile, "Do you like someone?"

Noah looked surprised at the sudden question and looked away from June, "I am...progressing my feelings."

June laughed, "Do tell me who that person is."

You, Noah thought.

"So, why did you chose to be a writer? They way I see it you are struggling quite a lot." Noah asked, hoping to change the topic.

June scratched his cheeks, "Well, I have always loved reading books since I was young. I loved the feeling I felt when I read a book. I would think to myself that writers are really cool for making their reader feel different emotions. And I wanted to be one."

"Awww," Noah said and tousled June's hair. June slapped away Noah's hand.

"Don't ruin my hair style," June snapped.

Noah chuckled, but lunged himself at June and began to mess with his hair.

"Noah!" June shrieked, as he tried to fight him off, but Noah was stronger than him. In the end June was pinned on the bench, he was under Noah and between his legs. June's arms was pinned over his head.

June was just glad that there were no runners around.

"Let me go," June panted.

Noah just chuckled deeply, "Ask me a question."

"L-like this?"

Noah nodded.

June truned red, he avoided Noah's eyes as he muttered his question, "Why didn't you left?"

Noah's eyebrows furrowed, "What?"

June looked at Noah,"When you first slept at my place," June explained. "You woke up before me. You would have just walked away bu-but you didn't instead you stayed back and made breakfast for us. Why?"

Noah kept silent, he looked at June feeling himself get lost in the blue. He had asked himself that question quite a few times and justified it as a gesture of gratitude towards June for letting him sleep. But deep down he knew it was not the truth.

Noah leaned down and bought his lips over June's ear and wisphered his true thoughts,"I thought that if I left without talking with you. I would never see you again. And I hated that thought."

[Male lead's favorability point towards June Weng+ 15 current favorability points 40%]

It was barely audiable but June heard it. Colour rushed through his cheeks as June once again avoided Noah's eyes.

A distance barking snapped Noah out of his trance and he quickly released June from his hold and straighten up.

He cleared his throat, "It's quite late. We...we should go home."

June got up, "Noah," he softly called

Noah looked at June, "Hmm?"

June smiled , "I am glad you didn't left that time."

Noah would hear nothing but his own heart beat as his brain took in June's smiling face and his words. Noah buried them deep deep in his heart and mind.

That's when Noah came to a conclusion.

He liked June.

A little more than friends.

💍💍💍

Pinocchio : Dogs pee to mark their territory that's why they are called...

Friend : ....

Pinocchio : *wiggles eyebrow* eh?

Friend : honestly, I just want to study for this important test. I think you should—

Pinocchio : puPEES! ʕ ·ᴥ·ʔ

Friend : I am ending our six year old friendship.

PLEASE VOTE.