CHAPTER 8 | LAME PUNS

LAME PUNS|08

After the drama practice was over, Ian walked towards the parking lot and leaned at his mom's car. As he waited for his mom, he watched the students pulling and pushing each other as they got inside the school bus whistle letting out loud laughs.

Some leaned over the window and shout goodbyes to their friends, some were talking excitedly despite seeing each other's face for the whole day.

Is it so great to have a friend? Ian wondered and thought back about his day today, the corner of his lips light tugged upwards as he remembered, how June and him fooled around during the drama practice.

The distant figure of his mom approaching made Ian look away from the bus and he smiled at her, "Hey mom," he said.

She smiled, " Hi dear," just as she started unlocking the door, an annoyingly familiar voice called his name.

"IAN!"

Nora gave her son a curious look but he ignored her and turned towards the owner of the voice.

June Weng was by the school bus with a tall boy and a girl who was a little bit shorter than June. She looked somewhat familiar.

Ian scowled. She was June's girlfriend. These days Alicia always shot nasty glares, his way since June always stayed with him. He just ignored her glares. But the fact she was June's girlfriend left a bitter taste in his mouth.

[Male lead's favorability rate towards Female lead -10, current favorability rate : -40]

June waved at Ian and yelled, "See you tomorrow!"

Ian felt a small smile tug his lips as he raised his hand and waved back at him. He watched June turn away and talk with the girl and the boy as the three of them got inside the bus.

[Male lead's favorability rate towards June Weng +5 current favorability rate: 40%]

When he got inside the car, his mother was looking at him with a wide smile.

"What?" He asked.

"Is he your boyfriend?" She asked excitedly.

"What? No!" Ian said as he looked scandalized. He pulled on the seat belt.

Ian heard her let out a disappointed sigh as she started the car.

"He is a friend."

Nora whipped her head towards him and looked at him with wide eyes.

Ian looked at her and raised his eyebrows, "Why are you looking so surprised?" He asked.

"You never have had a friend," she pointed out.

"Gee, I noticed," Ian muttered.

Suddenly, he felt Nora moved her hand and smack him on the head.

"Ow! Hey-"

"Don't be a cocky brat in front of your mother." She huffed, and started driving.

After a while of silence, Nora spoke.

"I hope you don't scare him away."