CHAPTER 11 | CHRISTMAS MIRACLES

CHRISTMAS MIRACLES | 11

Noah looked at his watch. It was almost twelve, June must be waiting for him. He took in a deep breath and knocked his father's study room.

"Come in."

Noah opened the door and found his dad– Michael Zang sitting by his desk on the blood red arm chair reading a book. His dark hair was slicked back and there was a streak of grey on both side of his temples. His equally dark eyes were lazily travelling through the printed words of the book.

"Dad, I want to talk about something."

Without looking up, Michael absently nodded.

Noah licked his lips, "I want to resign from the company."

Michael looked sharply at his son and narrowed his eyes, "What nonsense are you spouting, Noah?"

"You heard me," Noah said, his voice firm, "I want to resign, I don't want to work for Zang company."

Michael slammed his book shut and got up. His hard eyes studied his son.

"What is it?" he spat.

Noah shrugged, "I don't want to marry Clover Xiao and I hate working at the company it was just a coping mechanism after–", he stopped abruptly.

After Sara Zang's death, everyone in the Zang family broke in one way or other. Michael handed over the company to his youngest son and Noah turned into a workaholic.

Chris became even more gentel and matured whereas Justin became even more sour.

Michael sighed as he pressed the bridge of his nose, "Don't talk like an idiot–"

"And I am in love with someone else," Noah blurt.

Michael scoffed, "Whoever this girl is she just wants–"

"A man," Noah corrected.

Michael blinked, "What?"

Noah looked straight at his dad's face, his voice steady as he spoke his next words, "I am in love with a man, He's–"

Before Noah would progress what happened, he felt his father's hand colliding against his left cheek. The slap was loud and hard. Noah stood quietly as he heard a ringing sound and felt a stinging pain on his cheek.

Noah slowly bought his hand over his cheek, his head hung low as he stared at the floor blankly.

"Get out," Michael hissed. His youngest son, Noah had always reminded Michael of his wife. Out of all his sons, Noah had his mother's eyes.

Those eyes belonged to the woman Michael Zang had fell in love with years ago. He died the day his wife did. And Noah took the job helping him rest.

But this was too much, Micheal would have withdrawn the engagement with the Xiao family but his son is love with a guy? Their company would be in ruins in a blink of an eye.

Noah slowly turned away and opened the room's door, "Good bye dad," he muttered, "And Merry Christmas."

Noah knew he should be heartbroken and sad about his father's reaction but somehow when his father told him to leave, he felt a weigh leaving his shoulders. The air suddenly felt lighter and a sense of freedom gripped him.