50

"Emilia is d-dead? But that can't be.." I couldn't believe it. Did I encounter a ghost?

"Mabel, when did Emilia die?"

She responded without hesitation. "She died four years ago. Yesterday was her death anniversary." 

"How did she die?"

"She had an allergic reaction to a medication, and I was the one who gave it to her. I wish I was in the room with her just a few minutes longer, but I left. But how would I have known?"

"It's not your fault , Mabel."

"I know, it just gets to me when I think about it too much. Who told you about her?"

I knew telling her I saw her wasn't the best response, so I had to think of something else. "Someone mentioned her, so I got curious."

"Who?" She asked.

"One of the patients in group therapy." I responded. 

She was lost in deep thought, so I thanked her and left before she could ask me anything else. 

I couldn't believe it. Emilia was dead this whole time. It made sense to why I saw her last night. It was her four-year death anniversary. Part of me wished I'd see her again before I left this place. 

I went back into my room and thought about Otis and Nick. I missed them so much. I wanted to call Nick and ask him to come visit me. 

I asked one of the nurses if I could use the phone to make a call and she took me to a room and handed me the phone. 

It began to ring until he picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hi Nick, it's Vivienne." 

"Vivienne! How are you? How is everything? I miss you."

"I'm doing alright. I was just thinking about you. Otis told me we have a movie that we're both starring in."

"Well, with you being in the hospital they're considering someone else for the role. Do you know when you're going to be out?"

"They haven't given me a date. My 72-hour hold is going to be over, so I think I'd be able to leave soon." 

"Good, because I don't want to work with anyone else in this movie. Amy and her team heard about what happened. They're doing everything they can to keep them from recasting."

"I'm going to get out soon. This movie is huge for the both of us. I'm going to figure something out."

"Great. Hey, call Otis. He seems a little under the weather lately. Maybe you can cheer him up or something."

"Yeah- I doubt it. I'll call you once I have an update."

I hung up and headed back to my room. I didn't want to call Otis yet. He was probably having the time of his life not having to deal with me every day.